Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richy L

Graffiti removal chemicals
« on: May 24, 2012, 10:08:28 am »
I have tried pretty much all of them. But I am yet to find a great one.
I have recently tried a new one that promises a triple application then one one pressure wash off, but it doesn't work - it always needs a few more applications ... and these are expensive!!! too expensive to work into a quote really. I used £210 worth of chemicals in 3 hours using this brand.

Has anyone come across a great chemicals for removing spray paint from brick?
r1chyal@msn.com

Blast Away

Re: Graffiti removal chemicals
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 11:08:51 am »
DC Cleaning Solutions do a good one. I've had a big 25 liter drum off them and still have a few litres left. Bought it about a year ago. Don't do graff every day but also use AS10 stripper at times too, even faster on brick.

I've also got a shiit load of gels, about 100 litres in 1's & 5liter bottles for painted surfaces, desks, interiors like toilet walls etc so if anyone is ever stuck you can pick a bottle up if nearby.

Richy L

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 11:36:40 am »
Dow good is the DC stuff? What is your success rate for removing graffiti?
I have just finished a job on yellow porous brick with black and red spray paint on. How many applications do you use?

Is the AS10 from paintstripper.com?

Roger Oakley

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 09:43:01 pm »
AS10 is from the company you typed,
I had to do a massive paint removal last year, over a mile long stripe, used Tensids, products not cheap but they worked.

Richy L

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 10:33:29 am »
The newest chemicals I have used are £70 per gallon... and you need a three application method(at least 3!)
Do Tensid's chemicals fast?

This is one of the tags I had to remove....

Do you think the chemicals you use would be able to shift this?

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l565/Richard_Leek/graffititag.jpg

Roger Oakley

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 04:24:42 pm »
Yes their Graffiti remover would remove that.
Give them a call speak to Richard Turk, he will send you some samples if you explain what you need.

Richy L

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 02:00:41 pm »
Give them a call speak to Richard Turk, he will send you some samples if you explain what you need.

Would their stuff remove it 100%? does it take a long time to work in? or are they fast acting chemicals?
How long would their chemicals take to effectively remove it?

Roger Oakley

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 04:45:17 pm »

Would their stuff remove it 100%? does it take a long time to work in? or are they fast acting chemicals?
How long would their chemicals take to effectively remove it?

Richy
I have given you the contact name of who to speak to at Tensid, suggest you give him a call to get some samples then test and work out your timing's as every job will be different IMO.

Richy L

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 08:19:00 pm »
Thanks Roger, I contacted them after I read your message earlier.
I know every job is different, but the likelihood is they will send a small amount to sample that would not stretch to sample on every type of graffiti, on every type of surface, that is why I asked how you, or others with experience in using them, find them.

Some chemicals work well, but take hours to work, which is not practical for most  graffiti jobs.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 08:36:08 pm »
Richy,

Here are some results on some Tensid products I have used, but don't know what samples there are sending you.

Ezee Strip dwell time around 20-30 mins ok on concrete, stone and tarmac.
Graffiti Ghost, dwell time 10 mins again ok on the above.
Tavec 201 paint stripper, I didn't have much joy with this one as I needed to use on tarmac and not recommended for tarmac, plus the dwell time was to long for what I needed, as it would have trashed the tarmac, but it is supposed to be very good on other surface's.

If you have a look at there website, you used to be able to download spec sheets etc for each product they supply, so that might be worth doing to get an idea of dwell times and surfaces etc.

Blast Away

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 08:41:26 pm »
DC sent me a sample. I was expecting a litre or so, 10 litres came. Must have made about £400 off it!  ;D

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 10:15:13 pm »
How much do you guys charge for graffti removal?

Blast Away

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 10:55:51 pm »
How much do you guys charge for graffti removal?
Depends on the size of and obviously what has been used and on what surface.

An example; Went to Wigan a couple of weeks ago about 15 miles away, private house, black spray paint on accy brick, writing about 3 foot by 5 foot, applied AS10, roughly half a litre brushed on, 5 mins to work in, 20 seconds to wash off with mosmatic 12''. £50

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 11:03:16 pm »
Thanks blast away.

Is there courses out there for pressure washing and graffti removal?

It sounds quit straight forward but i take you need to know your surfaces and what chems your using etc