Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

just ordered a resi neck swivel
« on: May 19, 2012, 01:30:21 pm »
as ive got the carbon gooseneck on my SLX(with gooseneck quick release adaptor as i use an aqua-daptor)i thought id buy a quick release resi neck swivel with a new brush(radius black flocked sill brush)so i can change brushes quickly.my brush on the carbon gooseneck is a medium sill so ill be able to change easily between brushes when needed.

can you just fix the swivel so it doesnt move if i dont like it? ??? ???

im off to fill my tank up for monday,clean the van and take some pics of my set up.ill upload them on here for those that are interested later!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

many thanks guys

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

Re: just ordered a resi neck swivel
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 02:23:35 pm »
as ive got the carbon gooseneck on my SLX(with gooseneck quick release adaptor as i use an aqua-daptor)i thought id buy a quick release resi neck swivel with a new brush(radius black flocked sill brush)so i can change brushes quickly.my brush on the carbon gooseneck is a medium sill so ill be able to change easily between brushes when needed.

can you just fix the swivel so it doesnt move if i dont like it? ??? ??? NO.

im off to fill my tank up for monday,clean the van and take some pics of my set up.ill upload them on here for those that are interested later!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

many thanks guys

dazmond

All you can do is tighten the screw that pivots, but you can't lock it in place. You may be able to remove the screw and 'force' a serrated lock washer between the arms and tighten down, but if you could it wouldn't be ideal.
Best would be to remove it altogether.

I have mine on a seperate pole and use it for certain jobs. I'm not a swivel 'fanatic' as it does have its negative aspects as well. For example you need to be standing nearly face on the give window cills a good scrub and clean. If you are at too much of an angle then the brush just swivels around and you can't do anything with it. You have no control over it.

I have quite a number of conservatories I clean that's gap between them is too small for access. The swivel doesn't work in those instances where to are standing at the entrance to the gap at extending your brush out to the end to clean. So you can't just use half the brush head to clean the cill as you would normally do.

My son won't even touch this pole as he can't get to grips with it.

Spruce  
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Halfadaylee

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 05:43:12 pm »

can you just fix the swivel so it doesnt move if i dont like it? ??? ??? NO.

many thanks guys

dazmond

All you can do is tighten the screw that pivots, but you can't lock it in place. You may be able to remove the screw and 'force' a serrated lock washer between the arms and tighten down, but if you could it wouldn't be ideal.
Best would be to remove it altogether.

I have mine on a seperate pole and use it for certain jobs. I'm not a swivel 'fanatic' as it does have its negative aspects as well. For example you need to be standing nearly face on the give window cills a good scrub and clean. If you are at too much of an angle then the brush just swivels around and you can't do anything with it. You have no control over it.

I have quite a number of conservatories I clean that's gap between them is too small for access. The swivel doesn't work in those instances where to are standing at the entrance to the gap at extending your brush out to the end to clean. So you can't just use half the brush head to clean the cill as you would normally do.

My son won't even touch this pole as he can't get to grips with it.

Spruce  

Hey, thank God there is some one else who can't get on with them.
I felt like a new stater when people jumped on me when said it was crap.
I don't need anything floppy in my life!
Save your money Daz
Art

Ian101

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 06:15:17 pm »

can you just fix the swivel so it doesnt move if i dont like it? ??? ???

many thanks guys

dazmond

Have u ordered it yet ??

Think I have an almost like new one u can have ..... somewhere ?

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 06:16:01 pm »
ive never tried one so you never know i might like em!!.i do think its a pain sometimes having to lift the pole up to get in the corners of some windows with a fixed brush!!

winproclean swears by em and he seems to be a clued up guy!.....eh....but i might be wrong!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

all ordered now with radius black soft sill brush!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 06:19:23 pm »
The concept is great but just couldnt get mine to adjust to the "just right" amount of tightness and brush would droop at wrong time.

I tried for a week then gave up  :(

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 08:19:50 pm »
ive never tried one so you never know i might like em!!.i do think its a pain sometimes having to lift the pole up to get in the corners of some windows with a fixed brush!!

winproclean swears by em and he seems to be a clued up guy!.....eh....but i might be wrong!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

What do you mean, you "might be wrong"?!! ;D ;D ;D

I can't work without one, I have almost redundant carbon necks in the van too. I use carbon necks above 30/35ft as a rigid neck IS better at height IMO.

I've got to say also, a sill brush isn't the best partner for a swivel but still very usable with one. The Xtreme brushes work best with the swivels IMO.

You want to set the tension of the pivot so that the brush moves freely when you twist the pole but not so loose that the brush just flops to one side when you lift off the glass- getting this just right is important. Unless they now come like this as standard- I would have the quick-release lever under, rather than on top of the neck, it wont interfere with the pole hose then. ;)

Give yourself a chance to get used to it, it's a totally different feel & it WILL feel weird at first- just like going from a standard squeegee to a wagtail. My advice is to give it a whirl on your own windows for a while first, just to give you a chance to get the feel of it. You do have to hold the pole more, as if you don't the brush will swivel when you dont want it to- this becomes natural after a short while until you dont even notice it.

I'm not sure what Spruce means by not getting down tight spaces like side of connies? this is where the swivel excels!!

It's a little over a tenner, & if you master it Daz you'll never look back. IMO, it's bottom windows where it come into it's own more often than not, there's literally nothing you can't get to once you know what you're doing & you can clean right down to the ground without having to bend down! ;)

Let us know how you get on Daz. ;)

DeLuce

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 08:36:07 pm »
 I agree with Winpro on the advantages of the swivel resi, it takes a little while to adjust to the use of one and get the right amount of tension on the screw, but once you get the hang of it life becomes a bit easier. They're great for triangular or odd shaped windows too.

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 08:48:05 pm »

What do you mean, you "might be wrong"?!! ;D ;D ;D

I can't work without one, I have almost redundant carbon necks in the van too. I use carbon necks above 30/35ft as a rigid neck IS better at height IMO.

I've got to say also, a sill brush isn't the best partner for a swivel but still very usable with one. The Xtreme brushes work best with the swivels IMO.

You want to set the tension of the pivot so that the brush moves freely when you twist the pole but not so loose that the brush just flops to one side when you lift off the glass- getting this just right is important. Unless they now come like this as standard- I would have the quick-release lever under, rather than on top of the neck, it wont interfere with the pole hose then. ;)

Give yourself a chance to get used to it, it's a totally different feel & it WILL feel weird at first- just like going from a standard squeegee to a wagtail. My advice is to give it a whirl on your own windows for a while first, just to give you a chance to get the feel of it. You do have to hold the pole more, as if you don't the brush will swivel when you dont want it to- this becomes natural after a short while until you dont even notice it.

I'm not sure what Spruce means by not getting down tight spaces like side of connies? this is where the swivel excels!!

It's a little over a tenner, & if you master it Daz you'll never look back. IMO, it's bottom windows where it come into it's own more often than not, there's literally nothing you can't get to once you know what you're doing & you can clean right down to the ground without having to bend down! ;)

Let us know how you get on Daz. ;)

Hi
I think you are right in that there are times when it comes into its own. I do like it for cleaning lower windows and I have in on an SLX22 with an Extreme brush.

However, if I'm trying to clean the side of a conservatory windows where the next door neighbours conservatory is close to it, I have a problem cleaning the cills after I have done the windows. On a fixed head brush (CLX22 with Gardiners Superlite Flocked brush) I can use half the brush on and run it down the cills with the other half hanging over the edge. If I put any scrubbing pressure onto the swivel brush in the same situation, the brush just turns away to the side.

I have the screw quite tight so the brush isn't floppy, but that's the only issue. I just don't use that pole if I have one of the houses to clean with the conservatories that are close together.  Otherwise, its fine TBH.

I haven't taken it off my pole, which I would have done if I didn't get on with it at all. Its not as though they are very expensive, so its always worth a try. If Daz doesn't like it, it's hardly a costly waste.

Spruce

TomCrowther

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 10:03:58 pm »
When cleaning sills with the swivel, you can roll the pole over to the left or right depending on which way you are facing and the brush will stay flat on the sill. Just takes a bit of practice. I use a swivel with a soft/medium bristle extreme brush for all maintenance cleans and I find it much easier than the fixed head. I do use a fixed head with a stiiffer brush {still Gardiners} for dried on poo or dirty first cleans and conny roofs as it is easier to apply pressure etc.

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 09:01:56 am »
When cleaning sills with the swivel, you can roll the pole over to the left or right depending on which way you are facing and the brush will stay flat on the sill. Just takes a bit of practice. I use a swivel with a soft/medium bristle extreme brush for all maintenance cleans and I find it much easier than the fixed head. I do use a fixed head with a stiiffer brush {still Gardiners} for dried on poo or dirty first cleans and conny roofs as it is easier to apply pressure etc.

Thanks for the tip Tom.

I will get it out this afternoon and have another go according to this suggestion. Cheers.

Spruce

Cliff perkins

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 09:43:31 am »
Any1 got a pic of this adapter id like a butchers
Or a link please
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk