Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simbo

backpack needed
« on: January 11, 2006, 09:05:48 am »
Hi all,
 I need to get hold of best priced supplier for backpack also poles thinking gardener on that one . I am going di only to start and need to know, what size vessel would be best and will i need more than one.
also best priced supplier for resin, i have 150 customers now and not pushing to expand this but have some awkward work and dangerouse this time of year
would be gratefull for any help as need to sort this quite quickly
cheers simb0

Re: backpack needed
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 09:11:36 am »
Simbo, I haven't got time to help you out, but if you've time google on e-bay for a 'Shurflo Crop Sprayer'.  I believe you can get them from USA E-Bay for around £150.

I got mine from Williamson Pumps for £215, including vat and delivery.

Why are you just going DI?  You can pick up a 60 Gallon RO/DI for around £60 that should suit your requirements.

Gotta go.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 07:26:36 pm »
Here's the link to the back pack from e-bay USA:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-SHURflo-Rechargeable-Backpack-Sprayer-SRS-600_W0QQitemZ7578620035QQcategoryZ42926QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I believe it costs around £150 to £170 in total, once you add postage and packaging.

Alternatively you can buy from Williamson Pumps, in the UK for £215.00.  They've told me that they will honour the warranty, even though we use the 'crop sprayer' as a window cleaning 'power pack'.

G & M

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 07:44:58 pm »
Hi Simbo We got our shurflo on ebay and it works a treat, cost 212 euros delivered and arrived in a couple of weeks. Hope this helps Michael -G&M

simbo

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 07:51:43 pm »
thanks tosh
i will reconsider , just thought it would be less hassle setting up as if i have this right i can fill straight to 25l containers from the tap
thanks simb0

dai

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 07:58:14 pm »
wintecs are selling resin at £79.41 including vat and delivery.
If your going DI only I would recommend you get 2 vessels. I spend less than a pound a day on resin, tops only with tap TDS of 57. Use one vessel untill the TDS starts to go up, then connect your second vessel to it. Keep checking the TDS of the first vessel and change the resin in it before it reaches the TDS of your tap water. Doing it this way maximises the use of your resin. DAI

mattstanley

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 08:35:01 pm »
All my poles will be purchased from Gardiners in future - quality is superb and the service is fantastic.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 09:44:20 pm »
Matt  has your pole with got a flow valve as I`m planing to get their 25 foot pole with valve also getting the surflo from Williamson Pumps was in contact with them today and they offered a wfp conversion on the lance trigger cant see it would be needed on a pole with a flow valve though, so if you have the valve is it easy to operate ?   
Sussex by the sea