Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

preston powerblast

how much to charge
« on: January 11, 2006, 10:18:07 am »
Hi all, I am going to building site tomorrow to look around around a load of newly completed houses, but dont know what to charge for the first window clean inside and out and remove stickers etc.
Any advice appreciated
                                   Gary

Re: how much to charge
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 11:49:06 am »
Hi Preston,
I would personally charge 5 times your price for clean windows.
Dont envy you doing builders clean there a night mare.

Regards

Simon

preston powerblast

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 01:00:55 pm »
Cheers Simon, I can imagine as I do a bit on the power washing side this is very bad and time consuming.
                             Gary

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 02:38:55 pm »
simons very right.
4/5 times normal rate. bulders cleans can be very soul destroying
 i wish you all the best

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 05:55:25 pm »
Personaly I wouldn't touch a builders clean with a barge pole (never mind a WFP!!).
Mind you, If I was CERTAIN! I could do the job (s) in a day I'd probably put a silly price in like £500!! worth pulling of my regular round for a day at that!!

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

caraman

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 06:05:58 pm »
I would charge 4/5 times as much but I think you will find the people that do the build clean mostly do the windows aswell
If anybody has work that needs doing in the south dorset area gis a ring on 07765164970 and we will be pleased to help. Offices,pubs, caravans, holiday let cottages all permanant or temp gis a ring.

preston powerblast

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 07:23:10 pm »
Thanks guys, this builder has three developments coming to an end very shortly so if i can get a foot in the door it may pave the way for some power washing too.
Which will come in handy especially at this time of year, theres approx 20 houses some with 3 storey windows.

RAHomeServices

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 07:28:22 pm »
We have done builders cleans in the past - what a nightmare I would suggest charging at least £50 per house for average 3 bed semi for interior/exterior windows and make sure the builders dont deduct 18%. Also get your work signed off by site manager.
Hope this information is of help

mops

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 11:34:55 pm »
all the best mate,just watch out for damaged caused by other trades.Builders could sting you if you dont pick up damaged glass before you clean.

michael

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 03:23:14 pm »
i would charge by the hour,thats what i do,its so much less hassle.

preston powerblast

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 03:42:39 pm »
Ive been to the site today, we had a walk round, the windows look a right mess and they will take some cleaning.
I have quoted him £50 per house, he told me that he has had a quote for £25 but the guy said that he will struggle with the top windows and he will have to stand on the tiles to do some of upstairs windows.
I have told him  we will come in every day until the jobs done, but the price is non negotiable.
He said he will be in touch.
But to be honest I'm not bothered if I get the job or not as it does look hard work for the money, 17 houses in total.
So we'll wait and see.
   Thanks for the advice guys..
                                     Gary

DRS

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 03:48:43 pm »
hi ive been really fotunate all new sites ive found have all been cleaned by cleaners contracted by the building company so all the windows have been pretty clean but if i was in your shoes i`d work out a price for the outside like if it where a normal clean house if doing the inside just same again and to take of stickers and stuff just that again so say outside £10 inside £10 builders clean £20 = £40 doesnt sound that great for amount of work i know but think ahead youll get most houses if not all and in the long run that will save time and petrol and once the sites complete as long as your doing a good job bump up the prices.u can just park up in the morning and do away all day making decent money with no interuptions.cheers

s.hughes

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 03:56:18 pm »
I would run, yes RUN.
I did some years ago for a company and charged them a real cheap price. Did 1 a day and they would pay me for each clean. I said I would keep to the price and I did although I agreed to that before I started any of them. True to my word I did, however on the last clean the site office was closed up so I left an envelope with a note to send me the payment. They didnt send it so I went to check up on it only to find that the reason why they hadnt sent it is because I didnt put a stamp on the envelope and they wouldnt pay for 1. It was a good job for them that I had done all the houses cause I wouldnt have done any had I know they were tight like that. And to think I did them real cheap, even after the 1st house Iknew I had made a mistake.
So make sure you over price the work or run

Steve

preston powerblast

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 04:05:23 pm »
For the size of the houses I would be charging between £12 and £15 per house.
So I dont think what I have quoted is too much off.
                                                           Gary