Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H h20

Re: Fitting ibc in tranny
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2006, 10:15:23 pm »
Iv'e got my eye on a pizza place by Tescos - the windows don't look that good to me - must be a cowboy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rob ;D
It`s your dirty van windows you are looking through  ;D,Gaz  ;)

matt

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 10:47:58 pm »
David , what are you saying , wooden pallets are made so they can withstand more than a tonne of weight on them , why to the haulage companies use them otherwise ?
I cant see any problem with it that way , i have a 175 L tank sat on a half pallet and no problems yet , as far as i can see , as long as you have some other means of holding the tank in place i.e ratchet straps  , heavily rated ones of course , you should be safe , and before anybody brings up the crash test certificate stuff , how many people on here actually have had theirs tested  , granted there will be a fair percentage of you , but i bet its a 50/50 split , i would do a poll but i dont know how .
Someone do it and shoot me down !

Rich   P @ F

Rich, i bet even 20 % havent got a "crash tested system" on here

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 10:58:47 pm »
David , what are you saying , wooden pallets are made so they can withstand more than a tonne of weight on them , why to the haulage companies use them otherwise ?
I cant see any problem with it that way , i have a 175 L tank sat on a half pallet and no problems yet , as far as i can see , as long as you have some other means of holding the tank in place i.e ratchet straps  , heavily rated ones of course , you should be safe , and before anybody brings up the crash test certificate stuff , how many people on here actually have had theirs tested  , granted there will be a fair percentage of you , but i bet its a 50/50 split , i would do a poll but i dont know how .
Someone do it and shoot me down !

Rich   P @ F

175 litre cant see that being much of a problem
1000 thats a differant matter.

And yes i do know what pallets are for

But imagine a cheap ibc raised up on a pallet in the back of a van probably in a cheap cage poorly secured ,
yes dodgy ,very dodgy

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 11:17:50 pm »
OK Dave , i suppose you have a point , i was just tryin to get a bite out of you really , i still owe you one remember ! LOL
1000 L TANK could well be a bit of a nightmare for wobbles !
I have a 250 vert on the floor and the 175 vert on a pallet beside , they are then attached with 5T ratchets through the biggest loops and plates you ever did see , they boys aint movin !

RICH P @ F  :P 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Ian_Giles

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2006, 08:26:07 am »
The IBC tanks by themselves are really flimsy, they need a very good cage.
My own tank is a 650l one, the walls of the tank itself are 3 or 4 times thicker than those on an IBC
I have a 1000l IBC static tank, and was really surprised how thin the walls are, I understand now what they have such a comprehensive cage.
But the cage is also part of the pallet, so why would you need to fit another pallet underneath it in a van ???

The 1000l tank will mean you will at times be way overweight, no matter that you say you don't intend to fill it up, the odds are that you will fill it up far enough to take you past the safe limit.

I am glad that he cage my tank came in allowed me plenty of variability when it came to bolting it into the van.
The fuel tank was underneath, but I was able to pick and chose where I positioned the plates and bolts and therefore avoiding the fuel tank.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES