Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

3 Wheel Windy (Retired)

Hello Everyone..1st Post
« on: March 26, 2012, 02:49:18 pm »
Hi Y'all..
 Just wanna say thanks to evryone involved here including administrators.
I have been reading this forum for a few months now and have learned so much about wfp I am now ready to have a go myself.

I was a tradder back in the early 80's (mop n scrim days) for around 5 years but sold up to go lorry driving abroad. how things have changed is amazing , no mobile phones then, I had a little old lady take my calls and leave a dayglo card in her window so I knew to pick my messages up. I would clean her windows free and fetch her shopping. Just remembering my L reg mk3 cortina with MFi £5 roof rack and every other house had either leaded lights or flaking paint on frames takes me back to good old days..I would eat 3 meat & potatoe pies and a custard washed down with a pint of milk for mi dinner..lol

I been fancying getting back into it for a few years but am scared of the ladders as I fell off a few times. lol though I have bought a 13 rung set and pointer I dont intend to use much.

I bought a s/h trolley system ( I know a van system is the way to go) and been doing it up with a few extras .go faster stripes n all that. I made 2 harris poles connect to each other and put taps with a brodex brush. my tds around 75.

I just about cleaned everybodys windows in my street( for nowt) inc. my own twice. it seems to work okay but found I need a small brush for downs , was gonna trad downs but after reading on here someone say "wfp the lot" they are so right. that will be my motto.  Coz I put taps on now I can save a bit of water.

As soon as I get going an see a few bob coming in. Im off to gardiners for the clx22 and maybe slx 35(if Iam really flush) as they seem to be the ones evryone recommends. not sure about which brush though.I already bought some bits n bobs off 'em, girl on phone very helpful

I could also do with a leaflet template and some propaganda how pure water works etc and if anyone got pics of themselves cleaning connies and 3rd floors will stick em on my site. .. I can cut and paste as Im messing with a website builder and its driving me daft..

2more things and I will be on my way...where is the best place to buy?: back pack and also polo shirt with logo etc possibly fruit of loom have had 2 for 10 years and still good.

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps. Paul

Oh well... nearly there now.. email.  taxibear@hotmail.com
Good punctuation and grammar, makes the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse & helping your uncle, jack off a horse. ;D

Paul T

Re: Hello Everyone..1st Post
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:13:52 pm »
Good luck ;)

bad trippy

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 03:15:07 pm »
Hi mate and welcome onboard.
I was in the same position as yourself,i read this forum for several months before deciding to get back into window cleaning,which i did in the mid 80s to late 90s.
3 years ago almost to the day me and the mrs hit the streets canvassing, we tradded for about 8 months and gradually bought bits n bobs of wfp related stuff, mainly used, and made in china stuff.
We built then threw money back in, built threw money back in , now we are seeing the benifits.
Here is where we are at the mo

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=149980.0
Good luck mate, and work your nuts off,you will soon get there
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

John Farrell

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 03:40:35 pm »
Good luck  ;)

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:50:37 pm »
this place for clothing

http://www.polo-shirts.co.uk/Polo+Shirts?source=gaw&kw=polo-shirts-ex&gclid=CL23hfXmhK8CFUsMtAod4RSn0g

this is a good price for a back pak
 http://www.johnhewitt.com/ro.htm

I am happy to see some one do some home work

good luck

ben M

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 10:22:54 pm »
good luck!  ;)

3 Wheel Windy (Retired)

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 05:07:44 pm »
Thanks for your kind posts evrybody..and like your story BT. think I will go with WCW back pack . I got a mate whos a printer sortin mi leaflets when he gets back off his hols. 

keep shinin!!
Good punctuation and grammar, makes the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse & helping your uncle, jack off a horse. ;D