Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H S and Son

Re: iphone app
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2012, 11:04:06 pm »
Just had a look at Aworka, rather pleased with that. Up until now Ive been a dedicated pen and paper man. I think I'll load all my round on to it and give it a go.

Steve CM

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2012, 11:04:11 pm »
The app would simply be the interface between the user and the server. There would be a central database that could be accessed from any internet abled device as well as the app.

So really the app is a small part it still would be a cloud base system.

I still don't like the sound of something that needs to run by the net when out in the sticks etc. not unless it was something that could run on the handset until the signal is picked up again.

I know Kate (the crazy woman) as someone said is part of this cloud technology. My own personal view is that the interface isn't great on midas but it works. I guess if there was an app to talk to that it may work. I have seen it work on mobiles so I know it's 80% there. Maybe an app could be coded to work with that

deeege

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2012, 11:09:41 pm »
Yes but it would give me some indication of what the interest would be, also the preorders would have chance to input in how the product works and also test the product. If they are involved and like what they have helped to develop then they will buy it.

It would be worse if I just sat down with my developer and built the product without asking any other window cleaners what they want and need.

Its market research...

Somebody 'expressing an interest' is different to somebody "preordering" though.

One involves a financial commitment and the other one doesn't.

I'll be interested to see if you get it off the ground though.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2012, 11:10:23 pm »
Hi Steve,

The app would work without an internet connection and you could just back it up at the end of the day.

There are loads of issues that would need sorting before the product could even start to be built but the cloud based database is simple enough. Then would develop apps for iphone/ipod touch/ipad, android and maybe even blackberry but that would depend on demand...

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2012, 11:11:50 pm »
Deeege it does not matter and not going over the same point again and again...

deeege

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2012, 11:15:33 pm »
Ok. But I was only responding to your post.

Good luck with it anyway.

I would ask for preorders so I could judge the market and then work with the people who preordered to build and test the product. I would offer a free trial so wouldnt ask for any money up front.

Clear enough?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2012, 11:45:18 pm »
I understand people have issues and rightly so but all I want to do is build a product with the help of my target audience. I wont want any money up front and I will fund it all myself. Thats even if I decide to go ahead.

I got involved in this thread because alot of people want and ask for an app based solution so if anyone has any ideas what they would want the app to do please get in touch.....

Window Washers

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2012, 01:16:09 am »
There is a market for this software if u know somebody who can do apps might be worth an investment.
I can have one done for your business in less than a couple of weeks, dependant on what you want
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2012, 01:40:52 am »
You trying to hijack me? Lol

Window Washers

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2012, 01:44:03 am »
You trying to hijack me? Lol
nah, I am alot more blatent  ;D

if you get the job call me  :-*
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2012, 01:48:14 am »
I dont know what surprises me more, that you still on at this time or that I know you here lol

Window Washers

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2012, 01:54:20 am »
I dont know what surprises me more, that you still on at this time or that I know you here lol
hahaha, George, don't feel bad, your worse than me for working  ;) although I am going to chillout and watch the tv till my water is made  ;)

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2012, 02:01:26 am »
Why are you making water?

Window Washers

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2012, 02:22:16 am »
Why are you making water?
because I am odd

GDwindowcleaning

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2012, 02:24:34 am »
I already knew that but still dont answer the question lol