Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

heritagecleaning

Speedster service / repairs
« on: January 24, 2012, 09:32:17 pm »
Does anyone know where I could go for a service / some diagnostics on my speedster? The closer to Swindon the better, what with fuel costing what it does  :(

Many thanks

Owen

steven Banks

Re: Speedster service / repairs
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 11:17:18 am »
Which model are you relating too and what exactly is wrong with it? Servicing the unit yourself is not too hard.

parts can be sourced from woodbridge who are the uk Mytee rep
http://www.wcsuk.com/acatalog/Vacuum_Motors.html 

from edge2edge

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:21:50 pm »
Hi Owen if you ring Mark at Abacus Carpet Cleaning as i am sure he still uses a guy in Shaw to service his Ninja(might be wrong) and he is really good as he used to service mine.Regards Alan(swindon)

heritagecleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 07:49:54 pm »
Alan - Many thanks for that. Hope all is well with you.

Steve - the vacs (sometimes one, sometimes both) are cutting out. When I say that, I don't mean stopping, what I mean is that the motors are still going but all suction suddenly disappears. I think this is meant to be what happens when the waste tank fills to the top but it's happening when it's empty. There was also a distinct smell of burning vacuum motor at times and at one pont some water came out from under the bottom of the machine, accompanied by what looked like some steam.

It's the 1003 dx, the green one as supplied by cleansmart in 2006/7

Cheers

Owen

steven Banks

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 08:03:29 pm »
My vac motor in my speedster went not long after the burning smell appeared. Followed by sparking from the motor armature even though my brushes were ok with plenty left on them.

Contact woodbridge who will help i'm sure.

diamond

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 09:00:22 pm »
Hi
I gave up on my speedster as repairs were expensive. Have you tried cleaning the filters as the cuts off the vacs.
Al

john martin

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 10:07:44 pm »
Should look like this inside ?   apart from the different pump

http://i43.tinypic.com/2dwayio.jpg

Would be a lot cheaper to have a go at replacing the vacs yourself ...
should involve just disconnecting the three wires going to each vac , opening the two long bolts holding them in place , and the two jubilee clips ...

You could put two of these vacs in for a cheap fix ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ametek-Premium-3-Stage-Tangential-Discharge-Motor-5-7-240V-1500W-/180765040975?pt=UK_Vacuum_Cleaner_Bags_Parts&hash=item2a166fa14f

and as mentioned above check the filters on the waste tank stacks for blockages .

actually ,  you would need to remove the little inlet tube on the bottom of the vac above ,to fit on the speedster vac manifold ) ( cut it off with hacksaw )

This one is has no tube but its a 1200w , fine but bit less lift ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ametek-3-Stage-Tangential-Discharge-Motor-5-7-240V-1200W-/170749218370?pt=UK_Vacuum_Cleaner_Bags_Parts&hash=item27c1724e42

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 11:35:47 pm »
I had a machine with a topfilter/shutoff.
When the side wall gauze got gunged up the air went in the bottom and kept blowing the float up and shutting off.

If it is not that then try checking the pipes are absolutly clear.
If the vac tubes are blocked the motors will overrev and can overheat.

It is easy to change motors, just remember the black wire is positive and the white is neg, but it is not essential, the unit will not run backwards!!
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

heritagecleaning

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 03:21:25 pm »
Excellent
Thanks a lot for the tips / info. I think I should be able to get this sorted now.

What a superb forum this is / has always been :)

Owen

heritagecleaning

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 08:26:13 pm »
"check the filters on the waste tank stacks for blockages"

I can't find any filters in the waste tank  ??? only the mesh around the ball float tube. Am I missing some others?

Thanks

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 09:04:28 pm »
No that's what I meant. If this gets cruddy then the air tends to come up from the bottom and blows the float up.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.