Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CLEANCARE WC

can any of you gents help?
« on: January 20, 2012, 10:54:24 pm »
can any of you gents help out here? someone has gaffer tape sticky residue on a sofa any ideas to get it off? many thanks.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=145671.0
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Re: can any of you gents help?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 10:57:39 pm »
for the DIYer I would wipe with a solvent ... perhaps something like white spirit, but just test an area first where it can not be seen.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 10:59:28 pm »
What's the upholstery made of?

Shaun

bobby p

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 11:13:15 pm »
good lad Dan for reposting my plight over here. the sofa is a tough cotton ,off white colour almost similar to those  cheap  floor mats you can buy  that have fringes on the ends if you get my drift
  im thinking i might try and lift the glue using a cotton bud to start with in 1 corner.  the  glue patch is about 1 and a 1/2 inches square 

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 02:30:15 am »
Reality is, you might find the right solvent to dissolve the adhesive off the tape, but it needs removing... flushing out.  Might get away with cloth & wipe but might not... and the call back will come several weeks later because it'll no doubt look fine initially, then the sticky patch will get dust/dirt stuck to it and go grey over the next month or two.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 07:50:06 am »
what ever you use try it on the back of the sofa first or some where out of site, so if what ever you use does leave a mark or damage the fabric it will not be in a conspicuous place

buy i bet you could get a local carpet cleaner to get it out for around £45 might be worth doing this rather than risk damaging the suite
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk