Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dai

Re: What d'ya think
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2005, 09:20:57 pm »
Hi Chris, yes they look the same as the ones that screw onto your garden tap.
That being the case how do you connect them to your pump hose? Can you buy an adapter. It looks to me that you would need a threaded pipe for them to screw onto, like the thread on the tap. This would then have to be connected to the hose coming from and going into your pump. DAI

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2005, 10:57:52 pm »
Dai

the pipe thet i have was from PTS (plumbing trade supplies) its 1/2 inch flexi hose normally found under your kitchen sink
they have 1/2 inch female screw connecter on one end which you can connect staight to your pump and 1/2 Compression joint on the other just remove the nut and the olive from other end and screw on Hozeloc adapter then Hozeloc quick fit connecter I drilled 25mm hole in the box put adapter on inside and screwed quick fit connecter on the outside (needed to use plenty of ptfe tape to seal it up)

Hope this helps
Chris

dai

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2005, 08:19:00 pm »
Cheers for that Chris, I will look into it. DAI

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2005, 07:54:00 pm »
Dai

Did you find what you were looking for ?
I found the invoice today and can give you the part no if you need

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2005, 04:07:21 pm »
Nice setup , one thing i have noticed tho is ...... if you have to go up a step , does that metal box cause you any problems being so low down ?

I use the exact same pole , i was going to go for a shorter one but i would never be able to reach the windows above conservs , do all you 18 foot users take 2 poles to the backs with you ?

Rich  P @ F 
i find my 18' reaches above all conservatories. thata a very tidy looking trolley though, fair play

dai

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2005, 09:36:11 pm »
N o Chris, my Surflow came with two half inch holes either side. I bought two L shape fittings that srewed into these holes, I then pushed the pipe onto these and fastened with jubilee clips. I do have a lengh of flexi pipe off a washing machine and one end will screw onto a hoselock connector, male connectors come with 2 sizes of thread, You can screw them together to make a double male connector. My flexi hose fits on the narrow thread. I need a piece of threaded tube with the same thread as a garden tap. I could then screw on male conectors each side of the box.
The links you posted showed the same connectors that you screw on garden taps.
I can't get my head round this one mate. There must be fittings out there that I have not seen yet. DAI