Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

grip

Gutter pole survey/ info needed
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:52:02 pm »
Hi, has anyone on here used these poles,  if so how would you rate them.........http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/.....
I'm looking at a few different manufacturers out there at the moment. I've used in the past 'Eastern Trading' poles which are very awkward to fit together and use a tiny wing nut and washer to lock the poles together. I've found that they always work loose when working with more than 2 poles. I've even added spring washers and tightened carefully with pliers but still no good. They are also a mare to connect/disconnect when your fingertips are froze.  :(..... However,  'Omnipoles' although I think are slightly better are way too expensive for what they are and are a little on the heavier side. I know the real answer would be carbon pole using something like the SL2 base or 50mm blanks but I've heard good and bad about using them also.The ones supplied from gutter cleaning (link above) look similar to those of Omnipole at a fraction of the price. I would appreciate any info on how they perform before I part with any more of my dosh , thanks in advance, gripper....   ;)

grip

Re: Gutter pole survey/ info needed
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 05:21:57 pm »
Anyone    ;)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 06:56:44 pm »
I have theese poles they are heavy but fit together well and the clamps are good :)

grip

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 07:00:08 pm »
I have theese poles they are heavy but fit together well and the clamps are good :)
Thanks pal for the reply, much appreciated....................Anyone else !

Jimmy Jon

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:25:46 pm »
Grip, Why don't you repost this in the window cleaning & general cleaning sections you will probably get a few more replys from people who have used these types of poles. This is the buy & Sell section. I have the omnivac & 48 foot alloy poles (8x6ft sections) whilst comfortable to use on your average size house at 40 foot plus is a different matter altogether, you need or will have arms like popeye and it can be quite daunting and scary! I have looked into carbon fibre poles and am definitely considering this option for high level work.  :)

grip

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 11:35:24 pm »
Grip, Why don't you repost this in the window cleaning & general cleaning sections you will probably get a few more replys from people who have used these types of poles. This is the buy & Sell section. I have the omnivac & 48 foot alloy poles (8x6ft sections) whilst comfortable to use on your average size house at 40 foot plus is a different matter altogether, you need or will have arms like popeye and it can be quite daunting and scary! I have looked into carbon fibre poles and am definitely considering this option for high level work.  :)
Yeah ok pal will do for sure and thanks for the info.  ;)