Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simbo

advertising spend per month
« on: December 07, 2011, 08:53:29 pm »
As we read so much on here about jobs per day, average value job etc i just thought it would be a good idea to see just what it costs average per month on advertising. Myself not nearly enough but only as most seems to be a waste of time per £, fortunately 75% of my work is wc although only 2-3 days a week now on quality work. I personally would like to do a lot more carpet cleaning now so this would be a good guide for me as i am doing ok turning over between 30-35k a year pretty much part time but i need a push to do more. I am not too cheap but am a bit ocd and always do more and take longer than i should on jobs without charging extra but thats just me.
paul
my total advertising cost per month lately is around £60, very low

Simon Moat

Re: advertising spend per month
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 09:05:09 pm »
Simbo your costs are giving you a fantastic return, wish I was in your position.

My costs are around £700 per month, but do create a good return on investment, also I spend on things I enjoy such as sponsoring sporting events where i'll entertain clients/friends so really don't mind that level of spend.

Liz Baker

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 09:26:27 pm »
Same as above i spend at least £400 a month. And were very quite down here in the south.
Liz Baker

"Here to Serve, Here to Clean"

craig melvin

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 09:36:16 pm »
So what would be the return on that then.

£400 a month?

markpowell

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 09:52:48 pm »
£200 per month on small local books and then the fees for my 8 sites.
Mark

Colin Day

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 09:53:03 pm »
This month I've spent nothing... I did a deal with the guy in the local rag for 3 weeks advertising... He's very happy with his oven clean too! :)

simbo

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 09:12:39 am »
websit fees can be quite expensive though seo etc, at least i am doing ok so it seems its just that i have a lot of time on my hands really so feel very lazy after working for years flat out for 40 hrs or more. In the new year i want to try more for the customers who want that little extra rather than the eot etc who only want cheap good clean as i feel i am selling myself short all the time. i want to spend the extra on advertising that works not the usual rubbish .

simbo

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 10:21:06 am »
Websites 10.99 a month
does that include seo though as i rely on adwords for promo but not always good.

AshWhite

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 01:29:22 pm »
Simbo, are you confusing seo with ppc?
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

simbo

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 01:34:40 pm »
no mate i use ppc and get in the top3 adwords depending on how much i want to pay but to get high in natural listing would need a big spend on seo particularly if you have numerous sites.

Robin Ray

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 02:06:13 pm »
Total spend at the moment about £30. I am over booked at the moment too. I have no secret advertising methods only one local book and  leaflets to put out when I want to target a certain type of work.

Most of my work comes from repeats, referals and existing customers using one of my other services. The furthest I travel (except for exceptional work) is 10 miles.