Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DMK115

Employing others
« on: December 05, 2011, 05:31:05 pm »
Hi guys,

Hopefully in a few months time (with some hard canvassing being done), I'll have more work than I can handle on my own and I was wondering whether I should get someone else to help me.
My question is what is the best way of employing others and what would (or do) you pay them?

Thanks,

Dave

sparkleglass

Re: Employing others
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 06:14:14 pm »
pay a % of what you earn if they work they get paid,if they stand about they dont  ;)

Pope vader

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:24:20 pm »
dont employ a idiot

steve rix

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 03:21:24 pm »
dont employ a idiot

I havr a couple to spare if you want ;D ;D

Davie T

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 04:03:35 pm »
Go for part time until you see if he is right for you .

DMK115

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 08:31:15 am »
Thanks for the responses but I was hoping for something a bit more in depth.

bobby p

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 08:37:39 am »
i employ partimers and always will. that way if one is ill or quits or is no good i can draw on another .  also it means i can juggle the jobs to suit each worker , ie  do the inside jobs on thursday when iv a great inside man etc   or the  very high jobs on a tuesday when iv a long time ladderman  worker .
 if we finish erly due to working hard i round up the hours worked so they get extra pay. pay time starts the moment the squeegee hits the first  glass and ends at the end of the last job when the squeegee lands in the bucket !   

George P

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 10:16:29 am »
i employ partimers and always will. that way if one is ill or quits or is no good i can draw on another .  also it means i can juggle the jobs to suit each worker , ie  do the inside jobs on thursday when iv a great inside man etc   or the  very high jobs on a tuesday when iv a long time ladderman  worker .
 if we finish erly due to working hard i round up the hours worked so they get extra pay. pay time starts the moment the squeegee hits the first  glass and ends at the end of the last job when the squeegee lands in the bucket !   

if there employed shouldnt they get paid travelling time?

king marko

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 09:36:18 pm »
I worked for nearly two years self employed for a local window cleaner - I used his van, his equipment and water (I had to pay diesel)  Every morning he gave me a round sheet, and off I'd go.
At the end of the day, I'd take 50% of what I'd earned.
I always stayed out till I'd finished the round/weather got bad/I'd earned enough - whichever came sooner.
You need to find someone whos motivated to earn