Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Axminister carpet-hot water extraction?
« on: November 17, 2011, 09:01:43 pm »
Hi guys,

Can i clean my own own axminister carpet with my hot water extraction carpet cleaning machine?

Thanks

Matt

Jim_77

Re: Axminister carpet-hot water extraction?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 09:08:29 pm »
I could.  Can YOU?

:D

markpowell

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 09:17:03 pm »
 ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 09:23:52 pm »
Sorry Matt, serious answer... HWE is by far the best method.  however the right solution needs to be used to both get the job done and not leave behind any unwanted residue, and the right technique needs to be used to flush the carpet through properly without over wetting.  Too much moisture left behind will cause browning and/or shrinkage

Paul H

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 02:20:23 pm »
course you can... dont over wet...get it dry as quick as you can... whack your turbo driers on it as you go...nowts the bother...

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 11:24:46 pm »
course you can... dont over wet...get it dry as quick as you can... whack your turbo driers on it as you go...nowts the bother...

Thanks for your reply.

Now... im a window cleaner not a carpet cleaner but i picked up a hwe machine just for my own private use. I have done a few of my carpets and have all come up good but the living room carpet is a axminister one and im a bit scared of doing it.

To date i have been using a pre spray and a general cleaning solution from prochem. Will i stick with this?

Thanks

Matt

AshWhite

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 11:53:01 pm »
What have you got, chemical-wise?
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 11:58:17 pm »
If you use Prochem use Pre-spray gold, and rinse with fibre and fabric rinse. If it's a bit mucky rinse with liquid woolsafe. Should not be problem but test any colours with solution before you you start. I had one today that would been a dye run waiting to happen, have not seen one like that in 10 years! Follow other advice but would add a really good vac before you start, good dwell on the pre-spray and brush in well before rinsing.

If you're still not that confident find a local chap on here to do it for you.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 10:33:39 am »
One thing everyone has missed here.

Check the carpet is well fixed.

By that I mean nicely tucked down behind the grippers.

Is it a wool axminster. Most assume that they are but the come in different (not so pleasant) flavours.