Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Erithwc

van tax question ?
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:47:57 am »
hi

bought my van on thursday im not going to put it threw the business as its a crew cab and i will use it for days out with my kids

My question is if im only claiming for mileage on a van can i put stuff like water tanks pole holders ect threw the books ( fitting the van out costs )

I can can't i  ???

windiewasher

Re: van tax question ?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:56:34 am »
hi

bought my van on thursday im not going to put it threw the business as its a crew cab and i will use it for days out with my kids

My question is if im only claiming for mileage on a van can i put stuff like water tanks pole holders ect threw the books ( fitting the van out costs )

I can can't i  ???
Everything for business.yes
Van work out percentage used for van and bang it through the books pal.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Erithwc

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:04:25 am »
thanks for the reply i was just going to get a small mileage book and leave it in the van to keep track of what mileage i do for work.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 08:19:32 am »
hi

I can can't i  ???
Everything for business.yes
Van work out percentage used for van and bang it through the books pal.

sounds like your not doing it percentage wise if doing it pence per mile. worth checking with accountant, or working out how many miles your gonna do so as to work out whether to do it mileage based or percentage business/pleasure.

but otherwise, yes, keep a record of mileage, but if you do it per mile then that has already taken into account things like tax, depreciation, wear and tear. but things like tank, poles etc are not transport related so can be recorded separately under equipment, instead of vehicle. under expenses.

mike roberts

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 08:21:49 am »
thanks for the reply i was just going to get a small mileage book and leave it in the van to keep track of what mileage i do for work.
beat me to it sim post..

You will soon get bored of doin that!

Why not put van thro books crew cab used to be classed as commercial vehicle... however take of proportion of fuel for domestic use - thats what we used to do ! - I would speak to accountant, may save yourself a fortune few guys on here have L200 types

Erithwc

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 08:59:41 am »
hi

got to get an accountant sorted asap but i have already paid for the van threw my personal account will this be a problem  :-[

Lee GLS

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 09:06:30 am »
How many business miles do you do a year, and how much did you pay for the van?

Erithwc

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 09:10:12 am »
van cost £4600 and work miles im not sure but im guessing it will be over 5000 miles

zodiac

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 09:14:30 am »
If your van registered on your name. You can claim business miles and can't claim mot,van insurance,servicing ,fuel

PURER CLEAN

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 12:01:56 pm »
If your van registered on your name. You can claim business miles and can't claim mot,van insurance,servicing ,fuel
i dont find this to be true. i can claim for everything on my van. If you only have the one motor to use ie: the van, you can claim up to about 75/80% for business the other 20/25% will go down as private.
I have a 2nd motor i can use so i claim 100% of my van & i even claim about 15/20% for my other car  ;D my accountant is top notch  ;)

Lee GLS

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 12:05:54 pm »
Purer Clean, i think what zodiac means is that you can claim either all you business driving expenses-fuel, tax,mot,insurance ect, OR you can claim 45p per mile up to 10000 then 25p for anything over 10000 miles. If you claim the pence per mile then you cant claim for the running costs of the vehicle or the fuel.

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 02:18:54 pm »
Purer Clean, i think what zodiac means is that you can claim either all you business driving expenses-fuel, tax,mot,insurance ect, OR you can claim 45p per mile up to 10000 then 25p for anything over 10000 miles. If you claim the pence per mile then you cant claim for the running costs of the vehicle or the fuel.

Exactly right, spot on lee, one way or the other.  and again your accountant will verify which is best depending on your individual circumstances.

As for paying for it from your personal account, not a problem so long as you have receipts for it all.

PURER CLEAN

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 05:01:49 pm »
Well done Lee, Yeah i was a bit off the mark on that one m8  :-[ maybe i should stay off here when ive got a lot going on  :-[ lol

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 06:02:01 pm »
hi

got to get an accountant sorted asap but i have already paid for the van threw my personal account will this be a problem  :-[

Save all reciepts & record your milage. Then, you will have both records & can go either way once you've got your head round it or taken advice from accountant. ;)

Londoner

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 08:44:58 pm »
What they usually do is put it on a percentage. Say 90% for business and 10% private then all the costs go through pro rata. They tried this with me but I held out saying I have a wife and two kids. How many private miles am I going to do in a two seater van with a bloody great tank in the back?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 07:47:22 am »
I think a crew cab is fine for business - but I mean a real van with extra seats not a Warrior ego trip type thing. Well worth checking with an accountant.

I think a VW Transporter is fine but a VW Caravelle might be up for denate.
It's a game of three halves!