Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

craig jwc

Marks on the glass
« on: November 22, 2005, 08:55:02 pm »
Did a 1st clean on a house today which haven't had a w/c for a few years. :'(
I used wfp and noticed that alot of the frames had oxidised.
All the windows came up fine except one which had water runs all the way down it.
By the look of it where she had left them for so long i can only asume that each time the frame got wet, plus the frame has oxidised, it had run down the glass and over the years had marked the glass.
I tried rubbing it with a fine kitchen scouring pad and it did get alot of it off, but there was still marks left.
Is there anything i can use to get these marks off??
When i was engineering we used to use Autosol cream to polish up the tooling. Would this be too abrasive to use on glass do think?

Craig

kingfisher

Re: Marks on the glass
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 09:28:48 pm »
I once used cutting compound (the same stuff you use on cars with faded paintwork)
On some windows that had wood stain on them nothing seem to get this stuff off I tried solvents, highly concentrated detergents ,paint scraper, scouring pad nothing would touch it.
But the cutting compound wiped it straight off.

I don’t know if Autosol is more abrasive or not but the cutting compound didn’t damage or mark the glass in any way.

Kev

DP

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 05:52:05 pm »
We used to use a very high alkaline cleaner to remove smoke damage from buildings, every now and the then the guys would try and speed things up and use it neat.

Alkaline etches glass and on these occasions we would re-polish with Autosol (as a tubed paste) with no problem at all.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

G & M

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 07:21:39 pm »
Hi Craig very interested in seeing pictures as we have also ordered a shurflo backpack.
  Michael -G&M  hickeys45@yahoo.ie