Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kevinc

static tank set-up
« on: November 01, 2011, 05:18:32 pm »
hi everyone,need some advice on a static setup,getting my ibc soon but want to know which is the best transfer pump to go for,want to fill the tanks quick(400l in under ten mins)or quicker,any photo's of your setup?also want to insulate the tank and maybe add a heater as it i'll be living outside-what do i need for all this?cheers kevin

Bushboy

Re: static tank set-up
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 06:42:45 pm »
I put mine outside recently , blew the electrics within two weeks ,
Live & learn , should have covered it all & insulated it when it went outside ,
Now my pump doenst work , but luckily my water pressure is enough to
Fill tank within 8 hrs anyways & it's a 1000 litre , Ive just insulated
With space blankets & gaffer tape & put a heater in for the cold spells ,
& lagged the tap & piping , will take the main external pump hose out overnight & put in my shed & put back , when filling van up .

Can't help with what kit , as a mate set it up ,  ;D

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 06:56:10 pm »
I use a pond jet pump which i bought a while back from B & Q for a fiver put inlet hose into tank and run outlet hose to working tank , you can get a pump and black flexi transfer hose    about 15 mtrs i have  from a local aquatic shop all in you should pay about £45:00 at the most .

Insulation board from B & Q as well but to be honest mate if you can get hold of a 400 ltr upright tank and put it in a shed it will be better long term and will be so easy to insulate i plan on buying a shed in next 2wks and fully insulating it and housing  RO and electric point to run extension to working tank amd drop heater in over winter . MIKE

Jimmy Jon

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:10:06 pm »
Picture of my static system - I use a clarke transfer pump from machine mart - very good  :)

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 10:16:47 pm »
Smart look up terry tibbs!

I have clarke cbm240 i used for boosting the RO pressure, dont use it any more now i have moved to static tank.  I use the same pump tho to pump the water from holding tank to my van.  Level ground, 100 feet.  Gravity feed from IBC into this pump with a 2 inch pipe, then from this pump 100 feet to my van in a 1 inch pipe.  Does 80 litres per minute.  Sweet as!  If your not far and if your tank is high up could always gravity feed, failing that ive heard alot about people using normal submersible tanks to pump it out.  normally cheap ones from b and q, about 30-50 quid i think.

kevinc

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 10:53:03 pm »
terry tibbs,want one of those set-ups! looks really good,how long would you say to fill a 400l tank?i want to do the set-up only once so want to get it right from the start even if it costs a bit more-i'm not gonna scrimp(as such i,m a yorkshireman!)but want it to last,it looks good-whats the big bottle underneath the pump for?

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 12:36:08 am »
tool station do a submersible pump bout 31.00
b+q used to do one for 20.00
cheap ibc
merlin connected to outside tap
sub pump in ibc then pump to van  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."