Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brett walker

Soaking Brush Head
« on: November 09, 2005, 05:33:05 pm »
Hi everyone

i've been soaking my brush head in pure water every night,
sometimes with a drop of GG4.

Is it nessecary to soak every night ?

thanks in advance

Brett

matt

Re: Soaking Brush Head
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 05:53:26 pm »
i dont, never have

i just give it a wipe over with my hand every day, you know, just to get the bits out of the bristles

Peter F said thats what he does, if thats good enough for him, its good enough for me

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 06:32:40 pm »
So scrubbing and soaking two brush heads in pure water each evening; then changing brush heads at lunch time isn't really necessary then?

I'm a Geordie!

steve massey

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 06:37:02 pm »
hi,

I have had a wfp systerm for 3 years and have never had any problem with the brush heads i just let the water run for a while when i turn it on , steve

matt

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 06:45:39 pm »
So scrubbing and soaking two brush heads in pure water each evening; then changing brush heads at lunch time isn't really necessary then?

I'm a Geordie!

a touch over the top i would say ;)

when i started i asked this same question, and as i said Peter F  said he just runs his hand over the brush head to get any of the flakey paint etc etc off, it works well enough for me

then after the weekend when the brush head is dry, i really give it a good going over, this gets all the bits out of it

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 10:46:55 pm »
Surely at the point at which you touch your first window of the day the brush head will then be 'contaminated' with dirt, making the over night soak useless in the first few seconds of the day?

I new to this so don't quote me. I'm still on first cleans and the muck I'm getting off of the frames is horrendous.

When I start my trolley system up on the first window I just rinse the brush head with my hand and do the same on the last window of the day. I sometimes forget the latter as I get excited about going home at the end of my hard day ;D

matt

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 11:03:50 pm »
Surely at the point at which you touch your first window of the day the brush head will then be 'contaminated' with dirt, making the over night soak useless in the first few seconds of the day?

I new to this so don't quote me. I'm still on first cleans and the muck I'm getting off of the frames is horrendous.

When I start my trolley system up on the first window I just rinse the brush head with my hand and do the same on the last window of the day. I sometimes forget the latter as I get excited about going home at the end of my hard day ;D

exactly, but dont spoil it for some of them, they like to think that boiling the brush, then soaking it in bleach, then steam cleaning it every day is a good thing  ;) ;D ;D

brett walker

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 12:30:26 pm »
 :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :o ;D