Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james fortune

Glass Fibre Pole
« on: November 06, 2005, 03:12:07 pm »
I am considering purchasing a 39 Ft glass fibre pole, i realise that at this length carbon fibre is a better options due to increased rigidity. I am only considering fibre glass as it is so much cheaper, my question is this, is it practical to use glass fibre at this length and what problems can i exspect with this type of pole.
Your opinions would be appreciated as i intend making a purchase this week and any feed back positive or negative will help me decide whether to buy one or not.
ps I cant afford to go for carbon pole just now.

Jim

steve k

Re: Glass Fibre Pole
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 03:42:54 pm »
in the short term too much whip at brush end and an impossibility to lift the brush off the glass to rinse/move to next window without an extreme of physical effort which will leave you sweating and frustrated wishing you had never bothered...!

In the long term, possibly damage to your musculo/skeletal system from excessive staraining to control the pole.

steve massey

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 04:02:43 pm »
Hi
We use 40ft fiber glass poles and they do have a lot of flex and yes they do take it out of you when you move them. But on the over side i have used it for 3 years and manage ok.

UBA1

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 05:52:04 pm »
I am considering purchasing a 39 Ft glass fibre pole, i realise that at this length carbon fibre is a better options due to increased rigidity. I am only considering fibre glass as it is so much cheaper, my question is this, is it practical to use glass fibre at this length and what problems can i exspect with this type of pole.
Your opinions would be appreciated as i intend making a purchase this week and any feed back positive or negative will help me decide whether to buy one or not.
ps I cant afford to go for carbon pole just now.

Jim

I have a 38ft Carbon pole for sale if your interested. Manufactured by Brodex, approx 4mths old.

james fortune

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 06:15:33 pm »
can you email me with your location and how much you are wanting for the pole. email is ayrboyz@yahoo.com

jim