Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike #1

leisure battery charging
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:12:16 pm »
got a 85ah battery with my streambox pump box how often should this be charged typically  ,  thanks Mike

GB Window Cleaning

Re: leisure battery charging
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 09:07:33 pm »
i'd charge everynight or every other night! if you let em go too flat there no good anymore!

Dave.

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 10:07:58 pm »
My previous leisure battery was charged every night or two, then slowly started not lasting as long on a charge.
Bought a split charge relay on eBay, for £12 ( £17 with cables) - best £12 I've spent, I now charge once a week, at the weekend.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPLIT-CHARGE-RELAY-12V-30AMP-SELF-SWITCHING-REGIUS-/110756572303?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item19c99b2c8f

Easy to fit too, the hardest bit was getting a wire through from the engine to the back of the van

Mike #1

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 07:34:22 am »
just one thing to note lads it is not the same type of battery as the ones fitted on trolleys , it is different more like a car battery with same size terminals ,

I used to charge my trolley battery every night as advised , but this far bigger  AH -  amp hours  than trolley battery   MIKE

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 08:18:00 am »
just one thing to note lads it is not the same type of battery as the ones fitted on trolleys , it is different more like a car battery with same size terminals ,

I used to charge my trolley battery every night as advised , but this far bigger  AH -  amp hours  than trolley battery   MIKE

yeha i know mate, ive got a 75ah 12v battery! my advice to you is still the same buddy!  ;)

i have a split charge relay from the alternator too by the way! and i charge every weekend still too as already stated.

p.s i learned my leddon the hard way by recking a 75ah 12v lesuire battery!

p.p.s get yourself one of these, this is what ive got!...

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_270511_categoryId_255205_langId_-1?cm_sp=Intelligent_Offer-_-Product_Details_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PDPz1

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 08:21:59 am »
i charged mine 2 days ago and left it in the van for that time unused.its still fully charged as ive just checked it.

normally i leave it on charge overnight.sometimes i just charge it for 3 hours until the red light goes green(float charge) then disconnect it.its a p/f 85ah deep cycle battery.never had any problems with it after 18 months use.

how long does a battery last for roughly?anybody know?

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 08:24:56 am »
i charged mine 2 days ago and left it in the van for that time unused.its still fully charged as ive just checked it.

normally i leave it on charge overnight.sometimes i just charge it for 3 hours until the red light goes green(float charge) then disconnect it.its a p/f 85ah deep cycle battery.never had any problems with it after 18 months use.

how long does a battery last for roughly?anybody know?

regards

dazmond

not sure daz but they come with a years warrenty so at least a year, sorry i cant help anymore than that

Mike #1

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 08:41:04 am »
Bit pricey mate £60:00 i can get a suitable charger off amazon for £36:00 ,  but thanks anyway will ring around local suppliers today to get best price . thanks mike

Dave.

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 12:52:17 pm »

mark blundell

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 02:22:23 pm »
i bought an ordinary car battery from a breakers for £10 and a split charge relay and i have never charged it. its always in the back of the van and it charges as i drive works fine for me  ;D

supernova77

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 02:28:24 pm »
My previous leisure battery was charged every night or two, then slowly started not lasting as long on a charge.
Bought a split charge relay on eBay, for £12 ( £17 with cables) - best £12 I've spent, I now charge once a week, at the weekend.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPLIT-CHARGE-RELAY-12V-30AMP-SELF-SWITCHING-REGIUS-/110756572303?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item19c99b2c8f

Easy to fit too, the hardest bit was getting a wire through from the engine to the back of the van

Silverleaf,

What cables do you need? Just standard battery wiring, or something different?

Andy

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 03:56:53 pm »
i bought an ordinary car battery from a breakers for £10 and a split charge relay and i have never charged it. its always in the back of the van and it charges as i drive works fine for me  ;D

Car batteries work differently to leisure batteries, they are designed to give a lot of power, over a very short period of time, as opposed to leisure batteries which are designed to provide low power consumption over longer time.

We have 2 110amp leisure batteries, (i now travel 40 mins from home so keep spare incase the one goes flat), but one battery lasts 2 operators on 2 pumps working 2.5 days a week about 3-4 weeks.  My controllers start to flash and cuts out when gets too low, tho i suppose i should charge before gets quite so low, its still above 12.5 volts so isnt too bad.  THese have lasted nearly 2 years and still last as long as did at beginning (when i used to charge every night, lol).

Been meaning to put split charger in but dont know where to begin, might get mechanic to do it next service.....

Mike #1

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 08:02:01 pm »
got one from halfords for £40:00