Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NorthLock

quote for builders clean
« on: September 23, 2011, 05:49:20 pm »
Hi

Hope you are all doing well?

Ive just been giving the chance to quote on a new KFC building next week and was just wanting to know if you guys can give me some things I should be putting in my quote as this is my first builders clean?

or any kind of advice?

regards

NorthLock

Denise l

Re: quote for builders clean
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 02:58:50 pm »
Yep. Type out absolutely everything you will clean for your price, from skirtings to wall switches and then giv  your S/c for 1 builders clean + 1 sparkle because believe me you will be doing more than 1 clean after the trades are let loose in there. Enclose your insurance docs plus Method & Risk assessments, Vat reg, and UTR no. Think thats about it, oh and Companty Reg no, Bank details and ask them what their payment terms are. Don't forget they stop 20% CIS tax as well. Best of Luck.

Denise

gordonswindows

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 03:39:02 pm »
All great advice Denise but it did come over a bit scary, a bit "why do you want to do that" kind of way but for us we love builders cleans.

Great work if you are particular, great money if you are honest and fair with the price and good for building a reputation.

Be honest about your experience or lack of in doing builders cleans for this then allows you to be honest and tell them how experienced you are in actual cleaning. Builders cleaning is far easier than trying to return an old stained bathroom to its former glory and you won't be asked to clean anything you have not cleaned before. Be firm about when you will clean as most builders (not all) are usually pushing to keep or get back on schedule and will have you in too soon ie the painters and other trades wont be finished and you will end up redoing jobs.

Price it for a single clean so if you clean a bathroom and then the bathroom needs cleaned again because of more work having been completed you get to charge again. This will help the timing of the cleaning

Cheers

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

Denise l

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 07:55:31 pm »
Sorry, wasn,t meant to be scary but honest. I love builders cleans as well and do them all the time so know the pitfalls as well as the highs. As said before Good Luck.

D

GEMclean services

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:19:37 pm »
get some 3M protein plus swabs they show up where bacteria can grow i charge £5 per swab to ensure surfaces are cleaned plus makes you look super professional and what restaurant is going to refuse using bacteria swabs to check the area is clean ( im giving away trade secrets here) ps make sure you use food hygiene cleaners and check dwell times on the bottles id hate to be accused of not cleaning surfaces properly not sure if they could take legal action for that !