Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GB Window Cleaning

filling tank when its freezing?
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:31:53 pm »
so its just occurred to me that when i get home in the winter it will be starting to freeze again. so can i still fill my tank in my van if the pipe from the outside tap is lagged?

how do others go on? last winter i didnt have this problem cos i was using a trolley so i just brought it in everynight and filled in the morning

dave f

Re: filling tank when its freezing?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 03:44:56 pm »
soon as i get in ill fill up, get rad in van. in morning get the hot wash fired up and let water run back in to tank to rais the temp a little, as ive just got the hot wash i hope this method works

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 04:12:39 pm »
Fill up as soon as you get back
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 04:28:30 pm »
okay folks, i suppose it is all you can do really isnt it! other than fill up on your round from custys/clients taps  ;D (joke)

thanks again

george

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 09:48:05 pm »
I take off all pipes from the tap and to waste, drain them completely and store them. Outside tap is insulated. When I come home I hook it up, an hour or two later my van is filled (by my in van ro) and I disconnect them again etc. If water is flowing it's a lot harder to freeze up. Most times I come home round 4 in winter and it's round about freezing temp and it's been fine.

Thermostat fan heater in van. Extra insulation around membrane incase something would go wrong with heater.