Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Chadd

Sebo duo loosening fibres??
« on: September 30, 2011, 05:53:59 pm »
Hi,

The last few jobs i have been on,i pre spray and agitate with the sebo  but it seems to loosen the fibes leaving clumps of loose carpet fibres everywhere? i then have to vacuum again to avoid sucking up all the clumps?

Is this normal or is my sebo destroying the carpets~???  ???

Cheers

Russ

craignozza

Re: Sebo duo loosening fibres??
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 06:03:44 pm »
mine does it aswell its not churning up the carpet but probably picking up the loose fibres from deep beneath the pile . you will  find you just need to clean off the brushes ....its annoying though isnt it !!  ;D

Russ Chadd

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 06:14:40 pm »
Yer! im having to vacuum the bloody carpet twice!! Spoke to someone the other day who Vacs, pre sprays, and then uses a rotory with a bonnet to work in the chem before extraction... maybe this is the way to go?

Helen

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 06:37:28 pm »
Yer! im having to vacuum the bloody carpet twice!! Spoke to someone the other day who Vacs, pre sprays, and then uses a rotory with a bonnet to work in the chem before extraction... maybe this is the way to go?

Only if it is necessary for the job in hand.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 06:40:35 pm »
Any crb machine will churn up a certain amount of waste fibres, just suck them up with the wand or take the hose off and suck them up that way.

Not a good idea to vacuum a damp carpet !

Russ Chadd

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 06:50:08 pm »
Yep  i agree Steve, but i would rather use my henry to suck up the loose fibres than my Airflex, having to rinse the extraction tank out of loose fibres is a bit of a hassle.
Anyone else use this method of using a rotary with a bonnet to work in the pre spray? apparently using this method you can get excellent results before you have extracted 

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 07:00:43 pm »
Invest in an envirodri Russ - most of the cleaning is done with the pre spray and agitation. The envirodri is a massive leap up in performance from a sebo, I've used both.

The extraction/rinse machine is just that, a rinse machine, to extract all the crap that you have loosened with the pre spray and churned up to the surface with the crb machine.

Personally, I think a rotary is overkill on most domestic carpets, but I do occasionally use an Oreck Orbitor.

garyfindlay

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 07:33:44 pm »
A rotowash/multiwash is superb for aggitation, and some times cheaper than a envirodri

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 07:38:04 pm »
Yeah second that gary use a rotowash R4 as well as duo & rotary for agitation

The rotowash is a great bit of kit, cleans hard floors as well
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Chris Hawkes

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 08:24:41 pm »
Just on the point about vaccing up the loose bundles of fibres - when I first started (not that long ago) I was tending to use brushes on the Envirodri that were a little too harsh on carpets that had not had a great deal of vaccing done over the years and was generating huge clumps of (mostly) wool.  As has been suggested I would just vac them up after the agitation.

Anyhoo, after not having a job for a day or three I switched on the BS36 one day and found no suction to hand.   Had a look at the bag - fine.  Had a look underneath - all that matted wool had blocked up the intake pipe as per cut grass on a lawnmower which took me a good half an hour to shift, as it had dried out.

Off the top of my head and having not used a Duo I would suggest that you are over agitating the carpet, dragging too much of the fibre out but given the weight of the Duo, who's to say.  Maybe the carpets you are agitating have never met a vac before.

What I would say is beware if you vac up the scragged out fibres.

Chris