Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lisa 281

hello
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:41:25 am »
hiya
I am new and i have just started my cleaning business in coventry . i was wondering which way you prefer your clients to pay you ? e.g cash etc

thanks lisa.

dianegreenwood

Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 01:48:05 pm »
Our preference is standing order, but many still pay by cash or cheque.  Cheques are the worst because you pay bank charges on them which eats into profit. 

If I were you I would get all clients onto standing order.  Its usually free to receive payments, its easier to keep track of and you don't have to make trips to the bank to pay in.

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

lisa 281

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 01:50:05 pm »
 thanks diane , how do i set the standing orders up , also what about one off cleans etc

sorry i am new to this  :)

dianegreenwood

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:21:52 pm »
Just give your customers your bank details and ask them to use their surname as a reference when they set up the standing order.  If they have online banking its really quick to do.  Let them know they are in control of the payment and that it must leave their account on the day of the clean.  That way you receive payment within 2 hours to 2 days depending on the bank.

A standing order is when the customer sends payment to you - free.
A direct debit is when you take the payment from the customers bank account - expensive.

For one offs, a cheque or cash is the usual method of payment.  Cash is preferable if they are moving out of the property.

Hope that helps

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

lisa 281

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 09:52:31 pm »
 thanks diane your a star  :)

Sarah Granville

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 02:49:56 pm »
Just give your customers your bank details and ask them to use their surname as a reference when they set up the standing order.  If they have online banking its really quick to do.  Let them know they are in control of the payment and that it must leave their account on the day of the clean.  That way you receive payment within 2 hours to 2 days depending on the bank.

Hi Diane
I came across this question and answer when I was looking at different payment methods.  I have been getting cash or cheque from my customers up until now, but would like to go over to standing orders.  A couple of questions... do your customers pay you weekly?  If so, what happens if you need to cancel or they need to cancel a clean?  Do they then have to stop the payment?  I was thinking of sending them an invoice each month (so paying in arrears for the clean) by email (to save printing costs) and getting them to pay that way.  Would be grateful for any comments.
Thanks
Sarah

mike roberts

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 06:39:13 pm »
Our preference is standing order, but many still pay by cash or cheque.  Cheques are the worst because you pay bank charges on them which eats into profit. 

If I were you I would get all clients onto standing order.  Its usually free to receive payments, its easier to keep track of and you don't have to make trips to the bank to pay in.

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk
Hi lisa - Diane,

Might be worth looking at the cooperative bank they offer free banking! we used to be with lloyds as you say we got fed up with bank charges, co-op is now on line and now allows fast trac payments can also deposit in banks or postal.
Best Mike