Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SteX13

Windows Spottting
« on: September 14, 2011, 06:39:06 pm »
Hi,

I went to collect from a custy this evening to be greeted by unhappyness due to around 70% of the windows being covered in dry spots.

Was a first clean...

My water is 0 ppm.
Flow rate of 1-2 litres per minute.

Going back to re-do 2moz but why is this happening?

:)

ascjim

Re: Windows Spottting
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 06:43:55 pm »
Dirty water drips from frame above the window.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 06:44:43 pm »
What's your cleaning technique on first cleans?

mci services

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 06:45:18 pm »
could be any number of things, high winds, seals leaching, dirt from frames would be the most common

woody1

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 06:59:03 pm »
up your flow rate and scrub scrub and rinse rinse and rinse some more

lee09

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 07:06:48 pm »
Are you the lad on the bus with a trolley and barrels? If so you may not be using enough water.
Rinse really well

SteX13

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 07:28:34 pm »

I scrub the frames until they shine again, rinse all that crap off. Clean the glass than rinse.

lee09

Maybe, minus the bus.

I carry 3 x 25 litre barrels and 18 litres in my backpack on a garden trolley and do anything from 2 to 5 houses with under 100 litres of water.

I think it may all be from the seals as it seems to be running downwards rather than odd droplets.

Whats the best thing to do to avoid this?

Cheers.

king marko

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 07:34:49 pm »
i has a similar problem with a new clean recently mate - scrubbed the arse out of it rinsed for ages - reeled in and went to collect when i noticed. thankfully they had nearly dried on the fronts or i wouldve driven away.
quickly went over them again and rinsed well and they were fine, customer never noticed.
im pretty sure it was the seals - best thing to do is probably hang about and wait till they dried!! if only

Frankybadboy

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 07:37:31 pm »
just rinse only now  about a inch from the top of frame and dont get any water on the top frame.does have to be lots of water,the smallest amount will do it ;)

H S and Son

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 07:37:51 pm »

Rinse some more.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 07:39:28 pm »

I scrub the frames until they shine again, rinse all that crap off. Clean the glass than rinse.

lee09

Maybe, minus the bus.

I carry 3 x 25 litre barrels and 18 litres in my backpack on a garden trolley and do anything from 2 to 5 houses with under 100 litres of water.

I think it may all be from the seals as it seems to be running downwards rather than odd droplets.

Cheers.

scrub in a horizontal motion on top seal then rinse, do this a good few times then do the rest of the window, use plenty of water on first cleans!

Danny Guest

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 08:37:45 pm »
Has anyone experienced more efficiency with fanjets or any advantages with first cleans when using fanjets????
Guest Cleaning Services

bad trippy

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 08:38:32 pm »
Its also a good idea to splay the bristles as wide as you can get em, when you clean under the upper horizontal seal, and try not to get hardly any bristle on the seal itself
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 08:52:30 pm »
Danny - yes

Ste -  if they are runs then you didn't do the frames enough   :(

first cleans can really eat up your water - to help i give a spray with tfr then scrub rince well go and do another
window then return for another rinse.

also look at the way the water runs off - you will see if there are places where runs may occur

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

james51174

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 09:08:43 pm »
i find (works better in summer) that scrubbing and rinsing top frame, as well as top 6" of window...then moving on around the building...repeating this on every window.....then going back to the start and washinf the window 1-2" below top frame works best

this is as the water from the frame and rubber seal has pretty much dried, once you return to clean the whole window

StockClean

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 09:20:01 pm »
Just a little tip i picked up from another fellow window cleaner, on first cleans, connect a pole to just an outdoor tap, and wash the worst off first with normal tap water. Leave to dry and then clean with wfp water Lways works for me, especially if they are really ba (you know green alge and cobwebs galore)