Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny D

Business plan help.
« on: September 06, 2011, 03:21:17 pm »
Hi everyone i'm in the middle of trying to write a business plan but i'm having a bit of a problem writing down about the market and i was wondering if anyone could help?

Here's the questions that they have provided to try and help.

a) Explain why you believe there is sufficient demand for your products/services to provide a living via the business.

b) Give sources of information used in your market research.

c) Explain how you will segment your market, whether by age, gender, location, customer
type etc.

d) Describe the profile of your typical customer.

e) Describe the identified needs of your typical customer and how your products/services will
satisfy these needs e.g. customer in a hurry - fast service offered.

f) Describe how you will make your customers aware of your business and what it can do for
them, e.g. press adverts, business cards, flyers etc.

g) Describe the strategy you will employ to promote your business e.g. special promotions,
mail shots, discount schemes, personal referrals, commissions etc.             

Also how would i conduct market research other than just goin out and chapping doors?

mci services

Re: Business plan help.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 03:46:45 pm »
I will have a read of that and post in a while mate

the bfg

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 04:45:05 pm »
sounds like your trying to re-invent the wheel Johnny and theres nothing wrong with that but Ive found in nearly 5 years od w/c the best business plan is to just aquire your equipment whether it be trad or WFP,  get some leaflets printed up offering your services and get out there.

Ive found that in this business people either want their windows cleaned or they dont,  its not really a sales driven business but more of a supply and demand,  however having said that we all want to be the prefered supplier so yes there are things that you could do to help you. but to be honest youve already answered most of your questions already.

mci services

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 04:51:38 pm »
Yes BFG but he needs to complete it to get his grant from the business gateway.

I just cuffed all those questions a few year ago

the bfg

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 05:04:04 pm »
I dont follow you Stu ?

mci services

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 05:13:55 pm »
He is doing a business start up course, and in order to qualify for a grant you have to answer all these question and a lot more,

when I did it years ago I made up my market research got my money and did what you suggest :D

mci services

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 05:32:59 pm »
a) Explain why you believe there is sufficient demand for your products/services to provide a living via the business.

Having spoke to other window cleaners in the area, they have assured me there is more people requiring a window cleaning service than there is window cleaners,(name my company if you like) one company has said they will pass on leads in areas they don't cover already, I have also chatted to members of the public and friends and family and indeed many areas do not have a window cleaner, or at least a cleaner they are happy with.

b) Give sources of information used in your market research.

Internet cleaning forums, spoke to other window cleaners locally, questioned the public, searched local press and directory's

c) Explain how you will segment your market, whether by age, gender, location, customer
type etc.

I will be targeting my market by location keeping it as compact as I can, also my market research shows that retired, and 40+ age group make far more reliable customers who require this service and don't mind paying for it.

d) Describe the profile of your typical customer.

Home owner with good income

e) Describe the identified needs of your typical customer and how your products/services will
satisfy these needs e.g. customer in a hurry - fast service offered.

unlike most local window cleaners we will clean frames, offer to be regular and reliable

f) Describe how you will make your customers aware of your business and what it can do for
them, e.g. press adverts, business cards, flyers etc.

g) Describe the strategy you will employ to promote your business e.g. special promotions,
mail shots, discount schemes, personal referrals, commissions etc.             

Also how would i conduct market research other than just goin out and chapping doors?

I have started the first few Jonny but do you get the drift from that, just make it up ;D

the bfg

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 08:40:05 pm »
He is doing a business start up course, and in order to qualify for a grant you have to answer all these question and a lot more,

when I did it years ago I made up my market research got my money and did what you suggest :D

Sorry Stu / Matt

message to self   read the post properly before commenting.

mci services

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 09:14:29 pm »

Sorry Stu / Matt

message to self   read the post properly before commenting.

who is matt ;D and why are you sorry

the bfg

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 10:29:24 pm »
Stu/ Johnny

I really must read the post properly before replying  :D :D

Stu I was saying sorry for not reading post right as didn't realise it was a business start up but when you pointed that out I then realised  :D :D

I'm always jumping the gun,  same as when I'm with a woman I throw my hand straight down to the beavers nest which usually results in a slap across the face and the usual comment of  OYE T.I.T.S FIRST

mci services

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 10:37:10 pm »
steve you are ok mate ;D I have met him, nice lad, and he has a better pole and a hot system which is more than me :D he just needs a wee bit help to get going

Jonny D

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 12:35:37 am »
Thanks for the help i have managed to fill most of it in now just a few sections left about cash flow and stuff like that but i've to go see them on thursday about that. But there is 1 more bit you could help me with if you dont mind.

Its Pricing Policy

a)  List the products and/or services provided by your business.

Against each product, or range of products, detail how much it/they will cost you and what price you will charge your customers. This will show how much profit you will make from each.

b)  List the factors you have taken into consideration in arriving at the prices you will charge, e.g.
•  Cost of materials
•  Production costs
•  Hourly rate/rate for the job

I know i am a pain but filling this form in is frying my brain. When I look at some of the questions I have the answers in my head but just cant get them out lol.

mci services

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 05:21:16 pm »
to do a. you first need to work out b. if that makes sense jonny

I will see if my old one is still kicking about, although I think that was written for trad cleaning