Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark_roberts

Medium speed rotary on carpet
« on: August 09, 2011, 05:48:22 pm »
Who uses a medium speed rotary for bonnet cleaning carpets and which one do you use.  Model number would be helpful.

Reason for asking I bought a multispeed rotary which dosent work on carpets at 300rpm as it 'bogs down'.   But was purchased specifically for carpets.

thanks
Mark

Jim_77

Re: Medium speed rotary on carpet
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 05:59:53 pm »
What's the other speed(s) it runs at?  What sort of carpet have you tried it on?  Domestic type or low profile?

When it bogs down, does it cut out and you have to re-set the trip switch?  Or just stop turning and you have to lift it off to get it going again?

Ideal speed is in the 180-230 range so 300 is a bit fast.

I have a buffing machine that's about 350-400rpm (goes round too quick to count!) and I tried it on carpets.  It cuts out... faster machines are for buffing floors, their motors simply don't have the torque to push against the friction you get on carpets.

mark_roberts

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 06:35:05 pm »
From memory its 175 and 300rpm.  Was on office tiles.  It spins slowly for 5 secs and then gos at full speed.  Did that for about 2 hours and then the fuse on the plug went twice so stopped using it.

Mark

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 07:26:08 pm »
Mark

Sounds like a numatic machine I once had
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

jasonl

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 01:50:39 am »
What's the other speed(s) it runs at?  What sort of carpet have you tried it on?  Domestic type or low profile?

When it bogs down, does it cut out and you have to re-set the trip switch?  Or just stop turning and you have to lift it off to get it going again?

Ideal speed is in the 180-230 range so 300 is a bit fast.

I have a buffing machine that's about 350-400rpm (goes round too quick to count!) and I tried it on carpets.  It cuts out... faster machines are for buffing floors, their motors simply don't have the torque to push against the friction you get on carpets.

Funny that , I have a 380 rpm Wetrok, used it for 3 years , no problems , there is a you tube video of it cleaning  somewhere.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Jim_77

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 06:16:50 pm »
Sounds f***ed Mark!

Jason, I did see a vid of you (cleaning a gym?) with a machine that looked like it was going very fast.  In less experienced hands I'm sure it could do a lot of damage!