Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike_G

Good news for all
« on: July 17, 2011, 09:22:08 am »

elite mike

Re: Good news for all
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 09:30:46 am »
look at this reply though.  ::)

another smoke screen yet again they done the same in america so they could start selling more water abroad , nestle have a massive plant now on one of the rivers that feeds the great lakes in america , the river is nearly non exsistant . and the lake levels falling , they are basically making it easier for other firms to move in and export are water .

Mike_G

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 10:06:43 am »
Surely our lovely water companies and even nicer Government would not allow that to happen  ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 10:11:58 am »
look at this reply though.  ::)

another smoke screen yet again they done the same in america so they could start selling more water abroad , nestle have a massive plant now on one of the rivers that feeds the great lakes in america , the river is nearly non exsistant . and the lake levels falling , they are basically making it easier for other firms to move in and export are water .

Yes, it's utterly incomprehensible, incoherent, unstructured and gives almost no useful information.

Vin

andyM

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 10:28:45 am »
Can't say im surprised to hear this.
Well I think if this does happen it's not hard to see where it will lead.
Increase the demand for water so in turn Mr Water Company Boss can increase prices at will without restriction from Government.
By creating a reason for greater demand prices will increase substantially as is happening with other public utilities.
I had a letter recently from my water company telling me there has been a change in the law recently and they will be taking charge of more waste water pipes from loos and sinks.
Because of this act of kindness bills will rise accordingly.  ???
How very nice of them.
One of the Plebs

Perfect Windows

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 12:38:55 pm »
Increase the demand for water ...

I may have missed something - where in that article does that come from?

Vin

andyM

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 01:25:23 pm »
Increase the demand for water ...

I may have missed something - where in that article does that come from?

Vin

Water Trading Mr Onion
One of the Plebs

Perfect Windows

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 01:43:35 pm »
Nope, you've lost me there.  Can't see where you're increasing demand in order to raise prices anywhere in that article.  PLease explain so that someone as stupid as me can understand.

The purpose is to deal with the situation where part of the country is in drought (E.g. North West Water last year) and a neighbouring area has plenty.  At the moment, the result is madness, with some people running short, while people just up the road have plenty to spare.  What they want to be able to do is sell water between regions.  How that increases demand is beyond me.

As for calling me Mr Onion - gosh, you've got me there - no-one else has made that link before, as I'd hidden it so well by using the same links in my signature on both sites.  Now I realise I'm dealing with a real intellectual heavyweight.

Vin

andyM

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 02:18:59 pm »
Seems like I've hit a raw nerve  :-*
Put your toys back in the pram old mate.  ;)

Water companies doing something to help other people, but not for financial gain it's purely out of the goodness of their hearts.
God bless'em.

I once heard an old saying, what was it now? Oh yes "Read between the lines".  :P     
One of the Plebs

Perfect Windows

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 03:08:40 pm »
Seems like I've hit a raw nerve  :-*
Put your toys back in the pram old mate.  ;)

Hardly: I've just asked you to let me know where the article implies increasing the demand for water.  You've been caught out, so you're reverting to ad hominem attack by accusing me of having a problem.

Vin

Mike_G

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 03:52:01 pm »
I guess the increase in demand for water will come when there is a shortage, if one company is running low the will then have little choice than to get some from another company, overall more water will be used so there will be more demand

andyM

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 06:04:37 pm »
I guess the increase in demand for water will come when there is a shortage, if one company is running low the will then have little choice than to get some from another company, overall more water will be used so there will be more demand

;)
One of the Plebs

Perfect Windows

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 06:55:06 pm »

That sounds suspiciously like more supply, not more demand.

Vin

Mike_G

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 07:12:49 pm »

That sounds suspiciously like more supply, not more demand.

Vin

I knew that was coming. More supply will lead to an increase in demand. Without restrictions no hosepipe bans etc etc demand will surely rise?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 07:19:37 pm »
And there I was thinking it was good news that water could be shipped from areas where there is plenty to where there is less.

You need this: http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/demotivators_2161_1618033

Mike_G

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 07:48:44 pm »
You've lost me, where do I say it's not good news?

andyM

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 08:05:00 pm »
Nope, you've lost me there.  PLease explain so that someone as stupid as me can understand.

Vin

Roll eyes
One of the Plebs