Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simonr

joining rounds
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:59:05 am »
i've a mate who helps me out sometimes & he's coming in for a few grand. he's talking about buying some work but as he doesnt drive it will have to be done by both of us  using my car & gear.  has anyone joined rounds before , how do you work out money etc - it seems like a good idea but the practicalities make my head hurt - what has anyone else done please  :-\

bobplum

Re: joining rounds
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:02:07 am »
stay on your own :)

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 08:07:46 am »
dont do it!look after number 1!!ive found out over the years not to mix business with friendship.he ll have to pass his test and buy a van himself.itll all end in tears and a broken friendship!

you have been warned!! ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 08:27:28 am »
Form what i have heard, partnership only works when you start a new venture at the same time together.

Personally i'd not do it. Maybe help him to set up his own round, but keep your own round for you
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 08:32:18 am »
Steer well clear !

unless you have everything agreed and written down it will go Pete Tong
friendships and biz rarely work out

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

John Walker

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 09:07:48 am »
Don't do it....  The chances of long term  success are very limited.

I started a business at 18 and then my mate joined me and we had a brilliant partnership for many years.  My partner then married late in life to a lady who's family and background were very money orientated.  Within 12 months I was out with less than nothing and couldn't do anything about it.  I just didn't see it coming - my fault but I trusted - big mistake.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

simonr

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 05:11:00 pm »
wow no-one sitting on the fence there, lol, thanks though,  i will stay on my own i love the freedom too much i think, to share it.