Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark joyce

Customer Info
« on: July 08, 2011, 09:26:10 am »
when collecting customer information while at jobs do you tell them you will not sell or pass on their info

I try to collect email addresses for marketing at a later date I give a voucher away every 3 months to the winner if they add their email/facebook/twitter/phone number for texts

just thinking I might put something on the bottom of the paper although I take it away with me!

some one said to me do I sell the contact details I said no but he was reluctant to fill out even though I knew his address name and both phone numbers

Adam P

Re: Customer Info
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 06:19:21 pm »
if you sell the details i doubt he's going to feel happy signing just because you have one sentence saying it's not sold. either way you'll sell it or you wont. some customers will mind, some wont. i wouldn't bother tbh. it's only putting the thought of their details being sold if you do write it down

Robert Parry

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 02:11:25 pm »
If you hold your client's/prospects details on computer, you must comply with the data protection act.

Big fines are available to those who abuse the system!

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....

clinton

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 02:36:37 pm »
Maybe he was getting lots of junk mail or them anoying sales calls etc mark at that time and wanted to make sure you didnt pass details on..

mark joyce

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 03:37:07 pm »
thats the funny thing I knew his address as I was standing in the house just wanted email so that I could add him to my offers list  :)

does any one else do this (collect email addresses for marketing later)