Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mikecam

Re: cant be bothered
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 10:27:13 pm »
went out and done 3 houses before the rain came, so decided to right the day off and sor tout a few little problems which should make my business life easier,
You went out and bought a pilow?!!!   ;D

If they aint paying you on time then just stay at home until they do, they'll soon come running. Or you'll run out of money whichever comes first  ;D
 Post back for a solution if you get stuck in anyway !!

Tom White

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 11:12:09 pm »
This may help maybe?

bobplum

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 07:31:55 am »
doley by name,doley by nature ???

Ian101

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 08:52:09 am »
We all go though this from time to time ... for me at times it's the thought of doing the same thing that gets to me but in reality when you get out there it's not so bad...still doesn't stopping me getting down from time to time.

If it's a few bad payers...solve it...as Cozy once said...'go out get 2 new customers then sack the offender'.

If a particular job is getting you down...see above...see a theme?

The absolute greatest thing about this job is if a particular aspect of the job gets to you...you can solve it..

I used to look at my business down to the finite item..big mistake...now I look at the end of year results...so individual days are not that important. Ok to keep a check on it but not obsess about it all.

All the holidays and toys will not make your thoughts better...but is it really that bad? more than likely not.

Now is the time to get stuck in as Winter will be coming and provisions need to be made to cover bad weather days.

This window cleaning lark and running the business can take over your life...this forum is a prime indication of that.  We all get on here and spend far too much time reading, writing and generally wasting time on it when in reality there is not much new to learn after the initial learning phases...Go do something else

It got that bad that I thought sod it! lets grow a beard and try for a handlebar moustache..day 36 today and the handlebar and beard are starting to show a little...also shaved my head to the woodwork...why...just bored and thought I would try something new and it costs nowt.

Regardless of what you do...it should pass...try to think of it more of a job...learn to switch off...we are not surgeons, nobody will die if we do/do not clean a house/window...

YOU ARE NOT YOUR JOB/PROFESSION.

Cheers
Dave.

top post  :) apart from the handlebar moustache bit  ;) ;D

Scoop

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 09:12:06 am »
Yes Dave, that is a good post. No doubt that I should be doing more canvassing than I do and less web surfing. It's also very true that nobody dies if we don't do our cleaning (apart from us, eventually, from starvation).

Tosh, you don't happen to know where they sell those, do you?  ;)

BTW I can't get the 'Insert Quote' thing to work. It just gives me "Unable to load Quotefast template"  ???
Don't wish it were easier. Wish that you were better - Jim Rohn

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 02:08:59 pm »
ok!  Own up!  Who didn't like my av?

;D