Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Brodex proffesional brush
« on: September 13, 2005, 06:48:43 pm »
Brodex proffesional brush head? i bought this from brodex and paid £250 delivered it said it should have nylon jets ,but they are not .
and when i use the brush the bristles on the left bend towards the center of the brush and i am struggling to clean the glass  3" from the left of the frame .this is realy annoying as i am trying to learn and i think it is the brush letting me down.

i just cant seem to brush the glass on that side ,especially with the jet so far away from the edge of the brush .

any ideas or comments . Do you think they have sent me the right brush head

dave

Re: Brodex proffesional brush
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 06:50:53 pm »
Hi Dave

send it back and get your money back, get yourslef an Ionics brush. I have tested/ used most brushes on the market and i prefer Ionics

Andrew

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 06:57:37 pm »
Will a ionics head screw on the end of my pole.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 07:14:52 pm »
does anyone have the web adress for brodex ?   ??? ???

seems to have disappeared

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 07:38:02 pm »
Hi Dave

I am not sure, you can always ask Ionics, they have two different brushes!! Your normal screw on one and also the goose neck ones.

Andrew

sair

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 08:27:57 pm »
omni pole brush head will go straight , send it back and speak to omni pole
Essentially Pure Ltd

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 03:46:01 pm »
I got so fed up with my brush i have just sawn 3" of each side it is now a 10" brush and it is still bending to the centre on one side but at least i can scrub the left hand side of the pane properly now.

i will have to invest in some more poles and brushes .

i Have just phoned brodex and they said they have stopped selling brushes with nylon jets as they break too easy and have done away with the green and red brush .it would of been nice  for them to put it on there website ,as they are still advertising the green and red brush with nylon jets.but you live and learn.

They did offer to exchange the brush but i could not wait for it to arrive ,hence the hacksaw.

dave

matt

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 06:37:27 pm »
first off

£250 for a brush  :o :o :o

secondly

whats wrong with the Vikan brush (green and red) that you can get from allmost anywhere for 60 odd quid

thirdly

£250 for a brush  :o :o :o

now i know that the thrid point is the same as the first, BUT it is shocking

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 06:48:41 pm »
£250 includes the pole and gooseneck ,
quality pole and  cr*p brush

dave

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 09:13:10 pm »
it is now a 10" brush and it is still bending to the centre on one side but at least

By the look of the jets in the brush head it looks very sim to an ionic brush head and as such could be interchangable?

if it's the brush head thats bending would bolting a piece of metal to the back help?

alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 09:24:33 pm »
Its not the head its the bristles once you have exerted pressure on the bristles they just stay bent until you straighten them by hand ,very annoying any how i have sawn it now ,there still bent ,but at least i can use it better now .earlier today i got so fed up with it i ended up using the ladder as i could not get the contact on the left hand side of the glass next to the frame .

dave

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 10:12:59 pm »
I've got an old Ionics 10" send me your address and I'll let you have it still got a few miles left in it at worst you'll be able to see if they fit

Alan

www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 10:15:46 pm »
thanks mate i will send you my adress now .
much appreciated

dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 08:17:52 pm »
Alan

i recieved the brush today ,many thanks.it was good of you to send it .

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 09:45:29 pm »
Well i have just commited the cardinal sin i have just put the ionics brush Alan (window cleaner 1) sent me (Thanks Alan) on the end of my brodex pole .The brodex brush finally went in the bin .The bristles were just too bendy .The head alan sent me is about 1 year old and is 100 times better than that piece of junk.
I dont know if it was a faulty brush or not or all brodex brushes are the same .

To swap the brush head i had to drill the holes a little bit where the jets are to make them slightly bigger and the self tappers to put the goose neck on the back of the brush.

I have posted this as an update to end a story and to thank Alan for the brush to see if it would fit my pole

Dave

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 10:19:30 pm »
The head alan sent me is about 1 year old and is 100 times better than that piece of junk.

Correction 3 years old used 5 days a week 52 weeks a year
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 10:23:04 pm »
The head alan sent me is about 1 year old and is 100 times better than that piece of junk.

Correction 3 years old used 5 days a week 52 weeks a year

Amazing I am going to order a 30` pole and 2 brush heads soon .I am happy with the brodex pole ,but the ionics brush wins hands down.

Thanks again Alan

Dave

P.s. I still owe you a pint ,if you ever come to cornwall i will buy you one or two

i