Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Gray

Any ideas how to bring this cladding up?
« on: May 18, 2011, 05:56:40 pm »
Hi all,

Just started my own company have been asked to quote a cladding clean job. Its metal cladding. I going to be hiring a mewp so can get hands on. Any ideas what chemical to use.

Heres a pic

Matt Gibson

Re: Any ideas how to bring this cladding up?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 06:48:44 pm »
TFR?

Paul Gray

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 07:00:19 pm »
Is it just called TFR? Thanks will look it up

Paul Gray

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 07:05:00 pm »
Just looked it up. Traffic film remover. Is the good and bad brands or all much of a much.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 10:16:48 pm »
all roughly the same in my opinion. Dont use the caustic version, it will ruin stuff..

Im not saying it WILL work for what you want, but it MIGHT work, o do a test panel somewhere and see what happens...

Pristine Clean

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 06:21:18 am »
Viro-sol is good as well. Made by Clover Chemicals
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 07:33:09 am »
In my opinion i dont think TFR wil achieve the required results you will probably need a special cleaner, there is a manufacturer that make cladding cleaner and restorer its german but  i cant remember the name i recomended it to another member on here Ronnie patton.
I will try to remeber and post later.
www.tensid.co.uk
Check products they sell cleaner and restorer
Spit and polish

martin19842

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 09:00:44 am »
hi there

i agree with jason, you need to contaqt tensid, they can send out sample for you to try, in a very basic format they produce cleaners that act in  a similar manner to t cut, in the way that they need to be applied then removed to have a chemical effect on the surface.

i would be more than happy to talke a look at this for you depending on where this is, as you are going to need access equipment, and this will ba labour intensive, depending on the finish that the client requires.

regards

martin sales

Paul Gray

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 04:54:33 pm »
Thanks for all the replies. I will give the tfr a trial go this sat and if no luck will contact you martin if you don't mind

martin19842

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 08:19:42 pm »
hi there

Paul when you go Saturday take some close up pics aswell please.

also have a measure up, height, length etc. is there more than one wall ?

i would suggest you take a front on pic of the test area before, and then after the test, wait for the test bit to dry to see how it dries.

regards
martin

Paul Gray

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 05:25:55 pm »
Hi Martin,

Sorry didn't see this reply so didn't get any more pics. Will pop over there at some point this week and get some shots and measurements. Thats the only wall in the shot and the first piece of cladding is the one you can see on the left hand side of pic. They are really pushing me for a price so will get down there asap. I did a test with tfr and it did bring it up really well but needed a bit of elbow grease. Do charge per day or job Martin?

Paul