Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mina

Wotcha
« on: October 03, 2005, 10:19:40 pm »
Just a quick hello to everyone on this excellent forum.
After 11 years in tree surgery have decided to call it a day and do something else. Power washing it is!
Got the gear last week, sorted insurance today, flyers printed soon..so will see how it goes. Wont be selling the woodchipper just yet though! Looking forward to sharing tips (any tree probs give us a shout !!)
Stu

Tim Downer

Re: Wotcha
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 10:20:58 pm »
Welcome to the forum Stu and all the best in your new venture.

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

blacksheep

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 01:19:02 am »
hi there stu, welcome

dustdees

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 07:25:47 am »
Welcome to the forum, you get loads of support here especially when you are at a low ebb (see my post"feeling down in the dumps!!!).

Use this forum wisely and have fun, it can be a reaaly stress relief.

It's great for swapping tips, trade jokes, yucky stories, etc.

Look forward to your posts.

Love Denisexxxxxx :-* :-* :-*

preston powerblast

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 08:25:51 am »
Welcome Stu, and welcome to the wonderful world of powerwashing.
Not a hint of sarcasm.
You will get loads of help and support on here.
There are a good few of us who are relatively new businesses, but some of us who are not new to the world of business.
Best of luck mate and look forward to reading your highs and lows.

CMS

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 09:29:27 am »
Hi Stu

Welcome to the forum.

exoclean

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 05:40:51 pm »
Hi Stu,

Welcome to the forum. I'm relatively new to the pressure washing world and have picked up many tips from this site.

Good Luck

Paul

PS. Have 3 tree stumps want to get rid of what's the name of the machine that grinds them up. Need to hire one. How much do the cost to hire? Thanks

mina

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 08:26:02 pm »
Nice 1 guys, thanks for all your encouragement.
Got my first p/w job today whilst doing some trees, mentioned that I'm changing trades and bingo. Going to write to all my tree customers and see what comes of it. I know its going to take a while to build it up, all ventures need patience, but am determined to get out of tree surgery. Have done a fair bit of p/w in the past, but only because customers would ask if I knew anyone that did it. Hoping it doesnt prove to be to seasonal, have to come up with some winter discounts.
Equipment costs are a pleasant suprise compared to treework, went for a 11hp/interpump unit with a flat surface cleaner, couple of lances, loads of hose etc...2k !! Insurance is 5 percent of the cost of treework insurance aswell.
Paul, you need a stump grinder, should be between 80-120 per day, if the stumps are more than a couple of feet above ground then a "tirfor" winch and a mattock should do depending on the diameter of the wood.
PS. Has anyone done the Resiblock course, thinking about doing it myself?
Stu

preston powerblast

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 08:39:18 pm »
What you want to do Stu when you get jobs is suggest to your customers that their patios drives etc, especially if they are under trees that it would be beneficial for them to have it done twice a year or once a year if theres no trees.
If they agree to twice a year offer them a discount as an incentive.
This way you can get dates in 2006 diary and you dont have to go chasing work as much next year.
This way you can build up a client list as you never know when it will come in handy.

exoclean

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 09:00:18 pm »
Hi Stu,

I did the Resiblock course back in May, its worth it for many reasons.

1.  You get to learn how to apply sealer and when to apply it, weather conditons  etc..

2.  They give you a free drum of Superior valued @ approx £130 +

3.  You also get a host of equipment, leaflets etc.

On the negative side they offer technical help, when you call dont expect instant help they do get back to you eventually if you don't pester them. Still worth it though.

Good Luck

Paul

mina

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 09:08:17 pm »
Good idea Preston, will do ;)
Thanks Paul, will try to sort a course out me thinks.
Stu

Jan K

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 04:03:19 pm »
Hi Stu and welcome to the mad but wonderful worl of CleanItUp

This message board and the people using it are a mine of information and a bundle of support too

Good luck with your p/w venture...........beats having spiders and other creepies dropping on you from various heights (yeucchhhh!!) ;D

Jan
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol