Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

domestic bliss

COSHH Sheets
« on: September 30, 2005, 07:09:49 am »
I am in my second year of domestic cleaning and scince i have discovered this site it has given me inspiration but also i have a lot to learn.  So i am going to keep asking questions. So heres another one!
As previous to one of my other questions on that i use customers cleaning stuff.  I have decided to start supplying my own as i have to when i do spring cleans and end of tennancy cleans.
Where do i get COSHH sheets as i have never heard of them??
I have bought cleaning stuff from a local discount store as i felt it was cheaper but obviously i wouldn't get the coshh sheets from there.

Tim Downer

Re: COSHH Sheets
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 07:33:12 am »
Hi

If you go to a cleaning supplier, they will have all the COSHH sheets for the chemicals supplied. However, regarding getting the chemicals from a general shop, a previous posting about 2 - 3 weeks ago suggested that the shops should be able to provide them aswell. Just go in and ask! They should have the sheets by law anyway, as they are in effect storing them in their shop.

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

dustdees

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 09:01:46 am »
Hi,

Just a tip for all.

I have just had to return some products branded Maxima, they did supply any COSHH Sheets witht he product.So I e-mail them direct, 2 weeks ago, but they didn't even bother getting back to me.

I will never purchase their products again.

Just a tip,

Denise

JJdomestics

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 12:51:06 pm »
Hii
I too run a small cleaning company and I also supply the cleaning products. Is it true that  do not need coshh sheets for household materils? from what I can gather as long as they are not hazardous  there is no need. Any help would be good, Cheers

*Chris Browne

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 02:39:09 pm »
hi
you need coshh sheets for all cleaning materials regardless of where they came from.

chris ;)

rodcope

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 05:25:46 pm »
COSHH sheets should be evailable for all the chemicals you use, carry on you van or in a cleaners cupboard. They are available from the manufacturer or supplier. Even houshold products you use use or carry, you should always have COSHH sheets available on hand in case of an emergency. Especially so if you ermploy other people.
If uour supplier cannot give you them they are breaking the law  change supplier !!

CMS

Re: COSHH Sheets New
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 07:01:14 pm »
Have you tried looking on the manufacturers web site? Some companies supply COSHH and technical Data sheets in this way.

Premier Products in Cheltenham is a typical example...........

Go to any of their products and look under 'Additional Information'

http://www.premierproducts.co.uk/