Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robin Ray

Power Brush wand
« on: March 29, 2011, 05:04:21 pm »
Hi

I have been thinking of getting a power brush for a while and have been looking at all the options.

Has anyone ever tried one of these from restormate?

http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/CR5063

The extracta ones look good too.

Has any one had any experience with any type of power brush on domestic work? Do they make much difference?

Thanks
Rob

oliver collins

Re: Power Brush wand
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 11:04:32 pm »
Hi

I use one all the time and i would feel as if my right arm was chopped off if i didnt have it, check out these pics

Robin Ray

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:41:45 pm »
Hi Oliver

The results look quite impressive. Was that a single pass, and what machine were you using?

nevil

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 09:33:25 pm »
That's the mini scrubba . The best of the three if you ask me. I have that one and the middle size one that most people seem to prefer. Brilliant machines. When I used to use them they enabled me to approach trashed stuff with real confidence. Great if you want to do commercial with a porty.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 11:28:20 pm »
Hey guys ... new here . :)
Another thumbs up for the scrubba
We've  used the 13" version ... good surface contact , powerful brush action ( back and forth as distinct from  cylindrical belt driven )  .. useful see through tube ..

Also used a cylindrical  powerbrush years ago (might have been an alltec ?)
Good also , prefer the scrubba id say ..
In most domestic cases a wand will be quicker (and lighter to haul around) ... but its a great tool to have onboard .
 A Powerbrush is also  likely to impress a curious customer .

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 12:04:17 pm »
Has anyone ever tested power brushes against Rotavacs etc

Also I find you usually have to go to suppliers for spares so you are at their mercy

oliver collins

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 03:33:23 pm »
I guys

I used a 400 psi triple vac ninja,the cool thing with the scrubba is that i only use it at 100 psi which you might say is not enough water but belive me it is

The good thing is that carpets are left really dry, because of only using the machine at 100 psi and the soultion lasts ages.

And yes it was only with one pass

Oliver Collins Rise & Shine Cleaning

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 04:42:06 pm »
I think im now convinced that power brushes are the way forward.

Would be interesting to know as Ian says, Has anyone tried power brushes in comparison with Rotovacs? If the results are comparable then brushes seem a better option because of the reduced solution usage.

nevil

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 04:52:34 pm »
Just thought I would add a couple of my own pics.

Robert Watson

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 07:15:35 pm »
The Kitchen Door Centre

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 11:25:59 pm »
Scrubba De Luxe is a very good tool, bought one about sixteen years ago and I still have it but do not use it very often now. The Alltec one is called a Rotobrush, I was never very impressed with it but must try it again as we are using totally different solutions nowadays. I bought a Rotovac 360i a few months ago and I am very pleased with it. I suppose the real advantage with the Rotovac is its adaptability for hard floor cleaning which the other two tools cannot do,

Robin Ray

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 11:38:37 pm »
How do you find the rotovac compares to the scrubba on carpet?

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 11:57:41 pm »
The end results would be very similar, both do an excellent job, both have their pros and cons too. With the Scrubba tool you are cleaning a pass at a time, slight overlap and then another pass and so on, it means you are walking up the floor after every cleaning pass and then down again with the next pass, same for drying passes. Of course you can keep the passes short if you wish but I always liked to keep the passes as long as possible, seems to do a better job.
With the Rotovac of course it is a rotory machine and I prefer to clean about a square meter at a time and then move on to the next square. Less walking involved as you can more or less stand still for a lot of the time.
I always liked the brushing action of the Scrubba as it can ''shake''the deep down grit out of the pile for sure. So on carpet I would give both the Scrubba and Rotovac 10 out of 10, the Alltec Rotobrush ( if they still on sale) 6 out of10

nevil

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 12:01:28 am »
Rotovac doesn't provide any agitation. Superb flushing but not sure how practical that would be with a porty with high water consumption. When I used a porty I was always looking for ways to increase productivity and speed the work up. What the Scrubba did was allow me to prespray a carpet and extract with the agitation being done at the same time. Speeding work up by missing out a separate agitation step. Boy what a difference it made. Faster, great quality work and capacity to fit more work in a day. Don't think a rotovac will do that as it won't allow you to miss out the agitation step, although it will speed up the extraction. Just my opinion.

nevil

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 12:03:38 am »
Finton can I add that if the scrubba and rotovac get a 10 then the RX20 gets 11.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 12:18:12 am »
Yes Nevil, no doubt the RX20 will get the job done faster than the other two. 8) For me speed is not an issue anymore as I spend far too much time talking to my clients anyway but I guess I have built up a good relationship with most of them, friends really.

brencarpetman

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 09:52:37 am »
No real competition, RX 20 in a different league, simple as that. Use it almost on every job. Love it :o
Go on da Leeds

peter maybury

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 08:37:23 pm »
I have these for sale
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130504390447&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130504386972&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

I also have a couple of victor sprite 400 rpm scrubbers available with drive plates,
some janitorial triolies.

Peter Maybury
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com