Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Portable appliance testing
« on: March 13, 2011, 10:47:12 pm »
Just wondering how you all go on with having your electrical equipment tested. Some may not have it done, but as a business you do have to have it done by law, portables, extension cables, vacuums, air movers etc, etc...

What are your thoughts on it? who do you use? How much do you pay for the service?   

greencleaning

Re: Portable appliance testing
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 12:01:08 pm »
As useful as it would be to inform you of the exact testing schedule that you require for your business or organization, unfortunately there are actually no absolute rules as to how often your appliances should be tested.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 01:53:21 pm »
As useful as it would be to inform you of the exact testing schedule that you require for your business or organization, unfortunately there are actually no absolute rules as to how often your appliances should be tested.

Hi, I am not asking because I dont know about how often appliances should be tested, or my legal requirements, it makes perfect sense to test items from an insurance point of view.

Maybe my first post was a bit harsh with the "law" bit...  but as a business or landlord it is a statutory requirement that electrical equipment is safe. Alot of insurance providers now require it to be done at regular intervals.

It will be interesting to see how many of us have it done, costs etc.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 02:09:54 pm »
My brother does all of mine, he works at a school and is qualified to do all theirs.

I keep a sreadsheet of all data, item numbers and dates of test.

His charge to me, A few beers !!

Andrew

JandS

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 06:25:58 pm »
The porty goes in for a yearly service and gets done then.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Paul Heath

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 07:06:09 pm »
Went on a day course, brought a machine, do it ourselves and offer it as another service as well

clinton

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 08:02:42 pm »
Have it done when im have the machines serviced here..

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 09:57:50 am »
Most testing is done with servicing. Smaller items, leads etc are done in batches.
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

Adam P

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 02:06:39 pm »
we get ours done every 6 months and keep details and stickers on the items. cost about £1.50 per item. we also do a weekly check of all cables to ensure no damage and this is marked down and kept safe.