Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

Re: Federations????????
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2004, 09:12:58 pm »
Only one thing bad to say about them
Karl in Spain has been trying to join for quite a while now with no luck  8)

sam hughes

Re: Federations????????
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2004, 11:28:30 pm »
Hi Steve,

I dont know how hard they work at trying, but I like to judge things on results, which there dont seem to be, any qusetions that are put to the fed (on here) dont get proper answers.
I would think that key points are being missed -
99.99% of peoples customers has never heard of the fed -
how about spend some money on some ads or some project to get the fed known to mr & mrs joe bloggs (like other feds)
How much did this clean it up website cost to setup?- I'm sure the fed could of thought of it & afforded it -
& what doesnt help is answers like "I personally dont think the federation should have to explain its financial situation and what it is going to achieve  during this year to this web site were non members are present
If members want to know then phone the chairman
or head office" -  its not much of an effort to reply to WC's that that the fed is meant to serve.

sam

sam

Re: Federations???????? New
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2004, 03:58:52 am »
Hi all
I joined the Fed last November, and must admit even though I heard of them did not really know what they did so started the Post N.F.M.W & G.C.
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Equipment;action=display;num=1060043290;start=0
To get some feedback. And it was mixed so thought give it a go see what happens.
I got right stuck with a few problems in Health and Safety for a contract I was going for, tried to get some answers on clean it up but not enough information so once I joined I called the fed they put me in the right direction, help from the staff was excellent they also posted me loads of information. I have all my H&S stuff up to date and won the contracts I was going for.
None of my customers new what the Federation was, to be honest it isn’t their problem all they seemed to care about was if their windows got cleaned I think the best way of informing the public is by word of mouth by the members if the window cleaners make a point to tell their customers that they are members of a federation and that members are covered with insurances, H&S then word will get around, backed with help say from the local councils as the fed is recognised by the councils say advert in their 6 monthly mag. Importance of employing legitimate window cleaners Insured, not working on the side or stalking out yr home to turn it over  Stuff like that. Word would soon get around.
At the end of the day you don’t have a say if you’re not a member to the questions you ask. Which is right, and you only get out of it what you put in.
Cheers
Alan