Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Best way to clean fascias ,soffits guttering
« on: March 04, 2011, 09:23:52 pm »
I dont push this service mainly because last time i used my wfp took ages and killed me.

The guttering part was hard,cleaning it. the whole gutters round pressing hard lots of mos has to be an easyer way

Re: Best way to clean fascias ,soffits guttering
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 02:52:54 am »
I use a pressure washer and long pole . Easy

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:07:55 am »
Just a question regarding this with a pressure washer can the water get under the roof tiles?
Thanks

darren
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

windiewasher

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:32:05 am »
Wfp with vikan sill brush.if needed dip the brush before.takes no time and makes lots of good Money.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

windiewasher

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 06:54:50 pm »
Custys aren't bothered m8
Wfp with vikan sill brush.if needed dip the brush before.takes no time and makes lots of good Money.

But a brush only will not get the gutter brakets spotless that easy will it?
Whereas a pressure washer will sort that out straight away....
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 07:09:15 pm »
DrW  :o  - wow popeye arms !!

brush cleans out the brackets just fine - gardiners SL dual trim mono - what sort of speed you looking for
cyrstal ? i did a 3 bed gutter/soffit/fascia plus upvc cladding from soffit to top of ground floor windows front
porch - rear extension in just under an hour  - very green.

depending on the pressure and acuracy of the operator water will get into the loft space or fire through the vents if using lower pressure it does not take all the grime off.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 07:41:40 pm »
Do you think thats quick  ???

good squirt of TFR and a good scrub - personally i think cladding is a cushy number - big area, lots of impact but quick
to wash/clean.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 08:27:39 pm »
Smudger , i just want the job to be faster and easyer then with the wfp, you seem to know your fascia,gutter claddin cleaning well.whats your recomendation?

last job i did was a bit silly £30.00 3 bedroom semi front and back of only the guttering was for a mate of a mate, took me less then an hour , but that wasnt the point, it took alot out of me, i went home early,. holding the pole upside down forcing scrubbing, was not fun quite green,i had trouble getting under the guttering tiny little parts,

i sorted it , but some before and after pictures on this totally kick ass.thats why im wondering whats the best way to do it,if i have to spend some money on a presure washer so be it.

mikecam

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 09:02:54 pm »
took me less then an hour , but that wasnt the point, it took alot out of me, i went home early,. holding the pole upside down forcing scrubbing, was not fun quite green,i had trouble getting under the guttering tiny little parts,

What pole and brush are you using?

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 08:49:26 am »
Crystal - price depends on your area etc..  i don't think your price is far out, there are so many variables - gutter type, soffit/fascia types - how green they are etc...

i use an slx 25 with SL dual trim mono brush,  i set the brush initially almost 'virtical' on the pole this cleans  behind the gutter and soffit - i then alter to about 45 deg. to clean gutter and fascia at each bracket i turn the brush and wash it each side. i find it works well for me, and yes some of them can take it out of you. i went onto do a 4 hr house valet with dormers and medium conny with lichen all over the roof - conny roof was 2hrs on it's own.

pressure washing may be better, but your still holding up a lance plus all the extra equipment to take with you, and how much more water do they use compared to wfp? - not all custy's have an external water supply

Darran