Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mavis0119

Heating your van for winter
« on: September 18, 2010, 08:28:44 am »
Hi i have a truck mount system and had many problems with the winter last year with freezing of water and the truck mount pump bands snapping. what do you guys do the stop this proplem?

garybristow

Re: Heating your van for winter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 05:25:45 pm »
put an oil filled radiator inside plug it in from your garage perhaps!cheaper to run than a fan and not so dangerous
gary bristowclean

Dean Baker

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 08:16:38 am »
ESperbacher heater wires in to the 12v on the battery and runs from the dielsel in the van about 700 pounds fitted.  Ive got a thermostat on mine it kick in when the van hits 0 deg

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 12:00:46 pm »
I not recommending it as I do not know

But has anyone tried a small paraffin green house heater

gwrightson

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 01:07:04 pm »
ian, i tried a green house heater a few years ago, nothing but smoke lining the roof of van, unreliable and couldnt seem to get the heat right , often i would check and the flame had gone out.
i bought a propane heater yesterday  £96 00   with bottle of gas , but on low last night van nice and warm this morning , a touch of condensation thats about it , s imho  providing its placed correctly and not directly face ing any thing to combustable it will be fine .
geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 04:28:23 pm »
I was worried about two things Blowing up the van , fumes did not think of black smoke fumes just thought a couple of small cold frame one at £16 each might do the trick

I would like the £700 version but that is a lot of dosh

Geoff is yours one of those 3feet by 4feet propane heaters   ive got one some where but thought that might be over Kill?

gwrightson

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 06:15:26 pm »
almost identical to this Ian
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 08:53:26 pm »
Yep

I have one of those I will wait to see if you have a van on Monday

But will I have a pump?

PaulKing

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 08:39:33 am »
If you can plug into the mains a tube heater ( as found in most sprots changing rooms) they are IP rated so no chance of a spark and about £18 a foot I have a two foot one in the cab to stop frosty windows and a three foot one in the rear  wired in in a hour to a plug on the underside of the rear bumper and a snap lead total cost £120, I also have a Eberspacher heat on another van and thats good to but if you have mains 240v this is easier
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 09:39:35 pm »
propex 2000 heatsource
top bit of kit  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

gilbert

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 09:09:18 pm »
use a greenhouse heater put it on frost setting.Then it will come on when the temp goes below 4c.Use it myself never had a problem