Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard Joyce

LM cleaning
« on: December 06, 2010, 10:01:33 pm »
Hi just wanted some advice on LM cleaning what machine to buy and what pads etc also is there any training that cover LM cleaning many thanks

Griffus

Re: LM cleaning
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 10:54:41 pm »
Use the search, loads of stuff on here and other forums also.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:12:16 pm »
Ive just search it to and there is loads to read. Kept me quiet for 30mins. ;D

clinton

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 07:55:36 am »
Even stuff to search for n m cleaning ;D

Richard Joyce

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 05:55:20 pm »
Thanks guys I have read loads of threads and they have bean very helpfull but still not sure what machine to buy does anyone have experiance with certain machines I am only looking at domestic cleaning  Many thanks

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 07:15:00 pm »
For domestic work a 15" rotary would suffice.
You can still use 17" pads.

Richard Joyce

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 07:54:27 pm »
Thanks Joe ive been looking at the 13inch power flight or a oreck orbiter 13inch I will be able to do stairs with it as well do you think this will be ok

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 08:18:23 pm »
LM is great/fantastic for commercial work. Why would I use it on Dom when I have a TM and a Ninja. ;D

Oh my second hand 17in numatice (£20) pads (pair £185) (ten of the pads (£120) total cheap but I add value to the customer ::) well to my bank account  ;D

I like the balance of the Tex and DF machines both 17in I believe oh forgot TD system but not a lover of victor machines
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

robert meldrum

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 08:29:32 pm »
Don't know about the Power Flite but the Oreck is too light for more than a few square feet of cleaning.

I've used Texatherm with great results and Truvox 15" with equally good results and amazingly I now have a Victor 13 " with which I use 15" pads again with amazing results, BUT, the Victor has about double the power and is about double weight, waybe more, than the Oreck allowing it to clean as well as the bigger machines as the psi on the carpet will be similar, due to the smaller area covered by the pad.

My reason for using the smaller machine is purely due to my knackered back.

If I could afford to I'd get a 15" O/P machine from across the pond.

Richard Joyce

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 10:24:50 pm »
Thanks guys I will rule out the oreck and look in to the more heavier machine I would like to go for a 13" if I could 15" would be the max I would go to I think I will try and pick one up second hand off ebay just to get me started many thanks. :)

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 08:11:46 am »
The 13" Oreck is great for agittating the stairs but would take you a lot longer to do a lounge then say a 15", and as said maybe too lightweight.

robert meldrum

Re: LM cleaning New
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 09:19:53 am »
Although I'm posting what I do..........I've been around for a while and am not looking at building a business, just the opposite.        At 66 I've used most machines and experimented with the little Oreck years ago finding it amazing for aggitation but guilty of pulling out " too much " cut pile / lint which meant a lot of extra time was taken up in vacuuming and it made no NOTICABLE diference to the finished product so I stopped doing it. Having read a great deal about O/P machines I played around with the Oreck and another little machine from the US and found that great results were possible, but the lightweight machines were not up to the job.
The Oreck will overheat if you try to clean anything more than a small bedroom or similar, whereas the bigger machines will run all day as they have far more powerfull motors.
The ideal for domestic work would be the 17" or 15" O/P machines with oversize pads. There might be one available soon in the UK as prototypes are currently being used by two members of this forum.
Training for O/P'ing is minimal a kid could use them ..It's more about the chemicals to use and which pads for which occasion.

Incidentally...........if you get a low speed rotary and some pads / chemical place yourself in the middle of the room you intend experimenting on.... lower the handle to about groin area, hold it close to your body and activate the lever, be prepared to raise / lower slightly to change direction, dont try to force the machine to the side or back and forth, you just tilt it slightly and it will respond.  By keeping the handle low and close to your body it's unlikely to jump away from you but remember the motors are powerful and handled carelessly rotaries could cause a lot of damage. After a while you will be able to use it with one hand when the occasion arises.