Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Neil Gornall

40' pole
« on: November 30, 2010, 08:48:38 am »
Somehow I have been in business for 8 years and never needed a pole bigger than 25' I guess its down to my location not having much big commercial.
That has just changed as I have now gone further afield and have picked up a large job (5 man days) which needs a 40' pole

So my question is to the boys who use them regularly...

Which pole do you suggest I get?  Cost is a major issue being in the middle of this snow and Christmas around the corner so I don’t want to spend more than I have to. However I want a pole that is easy to handle and will last.

Ideas?.....

Paul Coleman

Re: 40' pole
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 08:56:34 am »
Somehow I have been in business for 8 years and never needed a pole bigger than 25' I guess its down to my location not having much big commercial.
That has just changed as I have now gone further afield and have picked up a large job (5 man days) which needs a 40' pole

So my question is to the boys who use them regularly...

Which pole do you suggest I get?  Cost is a major issue being in the middle of this snow and Christmas around the corner so I don’t want to spend more than I have to. However I want a pole that is easy to handle and will last.

Ideas?.....

I know you don't want to spend too much but once you get past 30/35 feet, it really ought to be a carbon pole.  I know some of the guys have adapted fishing poles so if you are OK with a bit of DIY and a modular setup, that might be the way to go.  If you want a pole "off-the-peg" and/or telescopic, it starts getting more expensive.
The cheaper option is probably OK if it's only ever going to be one or two jobs.  However, if your business is anything like mine, once you buy a piece of equipment, it seems that the work drifts in that needs that tool.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:48:45 am »
If there is a lot of work at 40ft I would go with a Gardiner SL2 carbon modular. Unbeleivably light & rigid. Work all day at 40ft no problem. However, it is modular & not telescopic BUT IMO at 40ft + the benefits outweigh anything else.

Or, a carbon Smax, carbon telescopic. These now come as standard with Gardiners new carbon goosneck!

The SL2 are on offer at the moment-

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Super-Lite_Pole_Assemblies.html

Hope that helps ;)

clearlyclean

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 05:31:27 pm »
quote Paul Coleman
The cheaper option is probably OK if it's only ever going to be one or two jobs

I use my DIY modular fishing pole all the time with no problems,Have'nt had clamps get stuck ::).And who takes any notice if you use a fishing pole or "one off the shelf" and you can easily go 40 + ft when your done all the high stuff revert back to a shorter pole.You can DIY for £100 then after chrisbo splash out on a £800+ carbon pole

ok cleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 06:49:12 pm »
 go for the poles made by stream uk i know no body likes them poles in here i know they are not best but  i have regularly been using one for 3 years i use it a few times a month bit havy and wobbels but you will get used to it  strong long enough and reosanably priced good luck