Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aztec Services

ashbys ninja 150psi flojet pump
« on: November 23, 2010, 10:43:19 pm »
ashbys fitted this pump 06/05/2010 it still works however water is leaking from the front of the pump at the front of the pump there are two oval shaped plates screwed to the head of the pump and the the water leak appears to be  from the the smaller plate.

has anyone this problem or know how to fix the problem

Fintan_Coll

Re: ashbys ninja 150psi flojet pump
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 10:58:10 pm »
What do you use in your solution tank, powders ,liquid detergent or plain water?

Aztec Services

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 11:55:13 pm »
i use ashbys powders

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 10:38:35 pm »
I'm not familiar with Ashby's powders, but I did have pumps prematurely wear out becuse of another brand of powder in the past, Just wonder if there is a connection with the powder that you are now using and the fact that your pump has developed a leak.

boshravie

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 11:16:04 pm »
i use ashbys powders

Just don’t use any chemical in your tank, I have had Ninja for the past 8 years, and at the beginning we all used to put cleaning chemical in the tank, and it was causing all kind of problem, but now days, you don’t need to use chemical in the tank, hence using pre spray on the carpet and just use plain water in the tanks to flush the carpet.

P.S. Ashbys should have told you that.

Bosh

Linds Russell

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 08:02:07 am »
I had the same problem with a Flojet in my Steampro. Turns out it was a cracked diaphragm that was causing the problem and I just ended up getting a new pump. Prochem have since reverted back to Shurflo as they were getting so many problems with Flojet.
Linds

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 09:35:39 am »
depending on the actualcause of the problem - warranty job.

if its due to using powders, like Fintan says, its a possibility that Ashbys may not hold to the warranty even though its there powders.

As Aztec says, there are better ways to clean carpets then running powders or even liquid cleaners thro the pump.
Get a good quality sprayer, a stainless steel preferred (about £180 investment set against business for tax purposes), and use a liquid prespray or make 100% sure powder is fully disolved before putting into sprayer (mix it with really hot water in a jug to fully disolve it).
Better still use something like Nemesis or M_Power as your main cleaning agent, and have something stronger for the tough jobs - but either off those two will serve you well if you follow the instruction.

Neil kell

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 04:08:22 pm »
depending on the actualcause of the problem - warranty job.

if its due to using powders, like Fintan says, its a possibility that Ashbys may not hold to the warranty even though its there powders.

As Aztec says, there are better ways to clean carpets then running powders or even liquid cleaners thro the pump.
Get a good quality sprayer, a stainless steel preferred (about £180 investment set against business for tax purposes), and use a liquid prespray or make 100% sure powder is fully disolved before putting into sprayer (mix it with really hot water in a jug to fully disolve it).
Better still use something like Nemesis or M_Power as your main cleaning agent, and have something stronger for the tough jobs - but either off those two will serve you well if you follow the instruction.
What about using two sprayers? Have the stainless steel one with the vitron seals for the cleaner/ degreaser prespray. and a second cheaper one, maybe just an insecticide sprayer or the like. Mix your ultimate master in there along with your odour clear. Apply the first. agitate, let it dwell. The apply the second and agitate again. Then use your machine to extract the whole lot. Is it really bad on the pump to put powders and liquids in the fresh water tank. I didn't know that, I only do the carpets as an add on But I have bought some good gear. Well I think it's good anyway.
Bundled cleaning solutions

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 04:15:38 pm »

Is it really bad on the pump to put powders and liquids in the fresh water tank. I didn't know that, I only do the carpets as an add on But I have bought some good gear. Well I think it's good anyway.

Some cleaning stuff has been known the cause to corrode the inside of pumps rendering them u/s, and if you dont dissolve powders fully then they can start to glog upinside the pump reducing efficiency.

Stick to prespray and use the machine for clean wate rrinse only.

Neil kell

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 04:40:29 pm »

Is it really bad on the pump to put powders and liquids in the fresh water tank. I didn't know that, I only do the carpets as an add on But I have bought some good gear. Well I think it's good anyway.

Some cleaning stuff has been known the cause to corrode the inside of pumps rendering them u/s, and if you dont dissolve powders fully then they can start to glog upinside the pump reducing efficiency.

Stick to prespray and use the machine for clean wate rrinse only.
Thanks Joe. Bye the way I got the solution pump on the Alltec advance sorted. I brought it to the dealer in Enniscillen. He gave me a great service, found the problem and was able to show me the fluff that was causing the problem. He said I was blessed as a new pump wouldn't have seen much change out of a grand (euro). He only charged me a small labour rate. He could have held me to randsome though like the crowd over your way seem to be doing. Ashby's is it?
I'm WFP joe with the windows. Should I be using the pure water in the fresh water tank. I'm not in a hard area or anything. Should I just dump out all of the powder now (not literally) hot clean soft water is the best, is it?
Bundled cleaning solutions

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 05:05:16 pm »
I think pure water cleaning has been discussed on here (or another forum) in the past 18 months or so but I cannot remember what was said.
Im not in a hard water area either and I dont have any problems, and the carpets come good.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 11:49:54 am »
I think you may find replacement spares are only covered for three months

But I would love to be told Im  wrong

I

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 09:12:01 pm »
Not much change out of €1000, ( about £800- £850) for a pump in an Alltec Advance?. Seems very expensive to me, what type of pump is in the Advance anyway?.

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 10:28:38 pm »
Depends what the seal are viton or edpm