Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

thanks to dave ingram for talking me into...
« on: October 12, 2010, 04:51:27 pm »
not selling my rex.

did a nursing home last night, green low profiles, (proper mingers) spray one half the corridor with PB and citrus concentrate mixed together, gennered (enviro) with the black and white brushes then wanded, bonnet to finish, good result.

did the other half with same solution, same brushes but then rexxed and finally bonnetted, "F*$K ME" reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesult of the finest, i'm now committed to my RX.

cheers dave ingram for talking me out of it and a big thanks to the major for the pics he put up on another thread that inspired me to give it ago.

wayne zabel

Re: thanks to dave ingram for talking me into...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 05:19:41 pm »
Forgive my ignorance - whats a Rex?

colin thomas

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 05:41:52 pm »
i'm always amazed when they come on the market 2nd hand, WHY anyone would want to get rid of an rx is beyond me, on any minging carpet they are superb but especially pubs and restaurants and large offices,

colin
colin thomas

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 06:59:58 pm »
Forgive my ignorance - whats a Rex?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV5X42lzA78

and no it wont fit on to your steampro lol

Nigel_W

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 07:58:41 pm »
i'm always amazed when they come on the market 2nd hand, WHY anyone would want to get rid of an rx is beyond me, on any minging carpet they are superb but especially pubs and restaurants and large offices,

colin

Err... people who don't do minging carpets maybe? :P

Nigel

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 08:53:41 pm »
The RX20 is certainly the ultimate carpet cleaning tool, but as Nigel suggests you have to know where and when to use. I see Chemdry are now using them with their Truck Mounted system, they'll have a fair few complaints about the footprint the RX leaves behind on plain and pastel shades of carpet.

Simon

Colin Day

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 09:03:22 pm »
Simon... Is the RX comparible with LM cleaning?

I've always fancied an RX20 and wondered if this would be better suited than an LM system for low profile office carpets.....

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 09:10:01 pm »
Colin for your purposes you may need the RV360i not as heavy duty but a great contender and you don't get swirls, ask Nick for a demo.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 09:16:02 pm »
just to clarify, i would never use rex on domestics. only for commercial use where dirt is scrubbed in day after day after day. thats when you need something with a little bit more umphhhhh. and rexy delivers.

bout time i found out, cost enough.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 09:17:08 pm »
Colin,

The photos I posted a while ago of an RX in action were on a low profile carpet. I think the issue between LM and RX is probably one of time, especially if you're working on a real minger. In other words RX and then just pad over to finish. I know the padders would claim to be able to clean any carpet in any condition but as I've said time is the issue. You can also convert an RX to take a drive board and pad with it.

Simon

Colin Day

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 09:20:54 pm »
Cheers Simon.... I want one now :)

jasonl

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 09:21:58 pm »
The RX20 is certainly the ultimate carpet cleaning tool, but as Nigel suggests you have to know where and when to use. I see Chemdry are now using them with their Truck Mounted system, they'll have a fair few complaints about the footprint the RX leaves behind on plain and pastel shades of carpet.

Simon

I was using an rx 20 in 1997 with Chemdry , it cost £3500 ,and was mated to the single vac Velda machine, it was used on all carpets, domestic and commercial.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings