Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jenny1

Sick pay
« on: September 28, 2010, 10:05:02 pm »
Hi,

I feel like I've been on the forum asking a lot of questions recently.  I have an employee who has been off sick since 20th September.  She has provided a doctors note but only earns £24 a week from me.  I know she has another couple of jobs and am confused as to whether I have to pay her some statutory sick pay. 

I read on the direct gov website that employees may be entitled to receive some SSP from each employer or is that only if they earn above the NI threshold from each employer?

Thanks.

kazzie

Re: Sick pay
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 08:35:43 pm »
Haven't got time to go into detail as on way out; however, rest assured you do not need to pay her ssp.

cml

Re: Sick pay
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 10:02:06 am »
Hi there

Because you employee does not earn over the Threshold she will not be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay.  However if your contract states that you will pay a rate for sick pay (not Statutory pay)  then you will need to pay the rate stipulated in her Terms and Condition of employment.  i.e so long as it does not say something like ....if you are sick we will pay you  at a rate of £0.00 per day, hour or otherwise.

I hope this helps