Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james roffey

Re: I`ve been shafted !!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 01:43:56 pm »
For the sake of a tenner you have lost a customer who may have recommended you to others, when you think of the cost of marketing and getting that customer in the first place, that satisfied customer in my experience may lead to several more jobs, it snowballs.
As Joe suggested if the situation was very different mention it before you start.

garyfindlay

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 06:40:56 pm »
I did mention it to her husband, cos she was on the phone most of the time. Maybe he passed on the message, maybe not, I never got a reply when I asked. She`s not my kind of customer, better off with the £12 a room merchants she quoted.

wynne jones

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 08:41:03 pm »
If I'm unhappy with something I tell em before I start. Kids toys all over the place is the classic. I tell them I can move them but will be extra.

Another one is you quote and they say they will have you in after decorating. If you turn up and there's paint all over the carpet I tell em, that's extra and can't guarantee it will come out.

If I quote over the phoe I ask loads of questions so I can commit. If they have misled me I tell em... that will be extra. If however in my mind I've assumed something and it turns out worse, I put my head down, smile and suck it up.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Jim_77

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 12:19:05 am »
Gary might I suggest you didn't quote enough to start with?

You said it yourself, large house, posh cars.... have the balls to go in high!  If you exude confidence and expertise they won't think twice with a £100k/year income to spend ;)

garyfindlay

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 03:56:33 pm »
Your totally correct Jim, but I usually charge everyone the same price. Where can I buy these big balls, ans will joe polish them for me ;D