Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dustdees

Cleaners Kits
« on: September 07, 2005, 12:59:46 pm »
Hi all,

I am in the process of putting together anthor cleaning kit for my new cleaner.After having a few thoughts, I wondered what everyone else puts in.I have been putting in:

Hoover
Mop and bucket
20 dusters
20 cloths
1 sponge
neutrual car polish
Step ladders
spray polish
Oven cleaner
floor cleaner
zoflora
bleach
flash with bleach
bin bags
gloves
stainless steel cleaner
scourers
brillos
window cleaner
feather duster
swiffer

Anyone got anymore suggestions or tips to improve kits.

Love Denisexx :-*

Simon H

Re: Cleaners Kits
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 01:12:18 pm »
Hi Denise

Think you might want to include  " HERNIA REPAIR KIT " carrying that lot about.

Seriously though dont like bleach or anything that contains it only causes damage and there are H&S issues

How about some brasso or is that what the car polish is for

Regards

Simon
Some days it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps.

dustdees

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 01:14:01 pm »
Car polish is for polishing tiles on the walls.All my girls have there own cars so they take out just what they need for each job!!!

Brasso, good idea!!

Den

Tim Downer

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 03:14:20 pm »
For our line of work we try to keep the amount of containers to a minimum. Other than the usual equipment of step ladders, mops, vacuums, black bags and buckets for water, I have given my cleaners a large window cleaning bucket containing:

Dustpan and brush
Feather duster
Toilet cleaner
Window cleaning spray
Cream cleaner
Air freshener
Sponge with scourer on one side
Small hand scraper
Couple of Microfibre cloths
Disposable gloves
Face Masks

All the above fits in quite nicely to the Window cleaning bucket.

But like i said, we do not do House cleaning in occupied houses, but do them as they are being built from new and the arsenel of equipment will vary to yours.

But having a look at your list, why have you got both Floor cleaner and Flash....would a good Multi purpose cleaner not do all the required jobs?

If you were to try Microfibre cloths.....these bring up the tiles a treat when used properly....so you wouldn't need the car polish.

I would agree with Simon about the use of Bleach, as discussed in many a posting here on this forum.....however it does surve a purpose on occasions!!

Have fun getting your cleaners kits together.....

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 05:26:03 pm »
Hi Denise

You should not issue bleach to any of your cleaners, as you will find your insurance will not cover any damage caused by bleach. Plus if an employee has an accident and decides to swallow it or bathe their eyes in it, you will find yourself in serious trouble.

All My cleaners are also issued with three mops and buckets, which are also colour coded to prevent cross contamination.

And a full set of COSHH reports are also supplied with each kit covering all the chemicals.

I would also swap your stainless steel cleaner for glass cleaner!!!! For one it is cheaper, plus it will bring stainless steel up perfect. This will also work on brass, providing the brass is fairly clean to start with.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Paul Kettless

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 06:36:33 pm »
Hiya,

I would agree with Andrew re the COSHH reports, you are responsible for any product that you give to your employee.  If they were to misuse a product, you could be in big trouble.

Likewise, you are also responsible for PPE, for example, eyewash solutions and basic first aid, gloves etc.

For stainless steel we use baby oil, and instead of glass cleaner we use vinegar solution.  Simply water, distilled vinegar and lemon juice.  Both work a treat, and dirt cheap to supply.

Hope this helps

Paul
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 06:21:37 pm »
Do you use the same mop in diffrent houses?

If so how do you sterilise the mop before using it in a diffrent house?

DP

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 11:40:50 pm »
Looks like you are using all domestic products and a domestic approach , try looking at commercial products which can offer better value and reduce that arsenal.

i.e. we use and supply a stainless steel and glass cleaner all in one which brings up ceramic tiles and sinks immaculate, one chemical = 4 or more uses, like multi purpose cleaner.

However even approach my house with bleach (spit) or a brillo pad and you would be burnt at the stake let alone allowing staff to play with them.

When you think chemicals just ask yourself "What Damage can the cleaners cause when the bright idea strikes", because sooner or later it will. 

We only do commercials but when it comes to products many of the rules are still the same.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Jan K

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 10:46:25 am »
Martin, mop heads are removable nowadays m8, so there is no tneed to use the same mop in different houses.......vileda do a brilliant (but expensive) domestic one, which is fastened with poppers and can be washed after each use along with your cloths, hence using a clean mop each time!

As I said it is an expensive in the first place, but more economical in the long run....we've got ones we use in a hairdressing salon which only get replaced once every 6 months or so, and yes I know is relative to how much dirst there is, but hey this is an pale grey lino floor.......vilda mops and virasol gets it spotless each time! ;D
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol

Prestige1

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 01:29:23 pm »
Interesting reading other peoples approach to this topic.
we use a colour system ie blue mop heads bathrooms & toilets, red mop heads for kitchens etc, same as the cloths blue for bathrooms and red for kitchens, a lot of messing about but its worth it when you out line the problems that can occur with cross contamination to customers a real plus for your company image when doing estimates. I am suprized that no one has listed lime scale remover for bathrooms tiles glass etc?
Kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

Musicman

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 02:43:32 pm »
Jan, I know the mops that you refer to and they are very good (not limited to the domestic market), greatly under used. We use them for wall and even ceiling cleaning as well as floors.

Tesco used to be competitive with them, better than the cleaning products suppliers!! They now sell their own range (probably still manufactured by Vileda).

In spite of removing the heads you still need to colour code and therefore have different handles and buckets. You cannot get away from this.

Just a tip when laundering them; remove them from your other washing before the fabric softener rinse. The fabric softener makes them less absorbant.
Success is where hard work meets opportunity!

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2005, 06:56:11 pm »
Like DP I only use a jan shop

Phil are you sure? A site worth checking http://www.bics.org.uk/

Go to standards and click on colour coding.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)