Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DaveG

You can't polish a turd

gary999

Re: gloves
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2010, 05:10:19 pm »
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9373022&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=20&fh_sort_order=1&fh_sort_by=_price_rrp_min&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=gloves&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1264775055400&isSearch=true

Ive been using these all winter...on really cold mornings ive been wearing some "thinsulate" gloves underneath...perfect!

same as me mate but mine are red...but your wasting your breath telling
them on here if they are not spending a fortune on something
they dont want to know ;) ;D

matt

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2010, 11:11:05 pm »
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9373022&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=20&fh_sort_order=1&fh_sort_by=_price_rrp_min&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=gloves&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1264775055400&isSearch=true

Ive been using these all winter...on really cold mornings ive been wearing some "thinsulate" gloves underneath...perfect!

same as me mate but mine are red...but your wasting your breath telling
them on here if they are not spending a fortune on something
they dont want to know ;) ;D

;D ;D

just imagine if they were really really light  ;)

no even lighter than that

you know, the lightest of the light

oh go on then, superlight

you could charge the earth

matt

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2010, 11:16:06 pm »
2 pairs of Showa -20 gloves  ---- 28 quid delivered

http://www.arco.co.uk/products/14G4300/138045/Showa_377_Foam_Coated_Nitrile_Gloves

These ones are only £4.95.......

.......and they work...................

.......HONEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are they water proof ? ? ? ?

warn enough ? ? ? ?
Yes and Yes

i need to order from arco as it happens, i will give them a whirl

cheers

mattflashmatt

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2010, 08:01:54 pm »
I use my mountain bike gloves. They cost a bit but do the job fine. There breathable and water proof.

matt

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2010, 08:47:39 pm »

i popped into B&Q today to get some spuds to start to chit

i picked up a pair of these, will try them out this week, under 4 quid, worth a shot

ccmids

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2010, 08:49:17 pm »
they look good , ok if you can get some woolys inside to keep warm too

matt

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2010, 11:14:07 pm »
they look good , ok if you can get some woolys inside to keep warm too

they also had some fleece gloves in B&Q, 2 quid a pair, they fitted under the other glove ok aswell

the gloves in the link have a slight fleece inside them, nothing too much though

Carl2009

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2010, 02:03:47 pm »
Well, it's pouring out there so i'm gearing up for winter. On the shopping list are gloves.

I wear gloves everyday, after all I do have an SLX... In summer I wear those cheap ones from Jewsons, lightweight grey ones with a rubberised palm and fingers. I have a few on the go and wash em daily or so. They get wet and dry out quickly and protect your hands from the black carbon dust that gets into your skin.

In winter I slip a pair of industrial marigolds (black, not yellow or pink or sky blue...) over the top. Warm and waterproof down to 4c-ish.

But last winter it was really cold. On days when the water wasn't turning to slush in the hose or freezing on the glass I was cleaning in Showa 460's, recommended to me by Brian who does the Pure Freedom training for new wfp WCs: http://www.showagloves.com/gloves/index.php?categoryid=5&gloveid=39 They were waterproof and warm, but they REALLY made my hands sweaty and after a day or two really smelt bad. They take ages to dry out when you wash them and the smell never really goes.

Formb is so keen we should try the Showa 377, and I might just take his advice, but my question is, do they get smelly?

I'm def going to try getting some thin wool ones for underneath my (black) marigolds. What are you guys gonna try? Anything new you've spotted?

dazmond

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2010, 03:10:05 pm »
i dont normally wear gloves as i find them a hindrance more than anything!ill be poling this winter so ill probably have to get some as my hands are more likely to get wet with cold pure water!! ;D ;D

i have got some GLACIER PERFECT CURVE GLOVES.THEY DO KEEP YOUR HANDS WARM BUT MAKE EM HONK AFTER A FEW MINS!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2010, 05:21:12 pm »
get some jokas mate