Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bob Robertson

ncca course
« on: September 13, 2005, 10:07:54 am »
Hi

I am going on the ncca course at the end of this month , can anyone give me any

info on what to expect as i am starting up at the moment and have not had any

cc experiance. I wanted to be trained properly before I start and then buy the

equipment.

Thanks.

Elite (Ben)

Re: ncca course
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 02:25:40 pm »
Plenty of theory, which is useful, but not so much hands on stuff.  My advice would be to do the prochem 1 day course as well and see if you can spend some time with another carpet cleaner to gain some valuable experience.

ben

simonbru

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 09:38:02 pm »
I did the course a few years ago and it was find it's not to daunting. I found the hardest thing once knowing what the fibers were as ther are so many, but thank fully I've never had a problem. Regards Simon

craig lindsey

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 10:56:01 pm »
You wont be alone with limited  experience, i whent on a course in May, and i would say 15 out 30 people hadnt any experiance, or wasnt even sure if they were going to pursue cc . it would be good If you can get some  hands on, to have a little insight, otherwise you will think every job is going to be complicated. NCCA is a guide in covering every aspect of cleaning carpets & upholstery, with alot of technical bumf aswell, i really enjoyed my course with Paul Pearce, a very amusing chap, he made the day go quick with his many tales. Dont expect to take it all in.
ALL THE VERY BEST
CRAIG

Bob Robertson

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 11:57:57 am »
Thanks Guys

I will probably do the Prochem course as well and I am going out with a distributer who uses Von Schrader equipment to see what its like . How do you guys compare Von Schrader  V  Prochem or Alltec for example and  do you get as good a result from the dry proccess to the wet or as a start up which is the safer option?

Regards

Tihson

Chris Bailey

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 08:19:47 pm »
Tihson

Courses are great, I preffered the Prochem to the NCCA.  Trick to ask questions, don't be scared to say you don't understand....

Also, get a few days practicle experience with another Carpet Cleaner as well as a distributor as distributors are sales oriented and will try and push the equipment.

Where are you in the UK?

Chris
Carpet Care

Leicester

Bob Robertson

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 08:47:04 pm »
Hi Chris

I am located just outside Glasgow in Renfrewshire. If there are any members
that are located near me that would be willing to let me spend some time with them that would be much appreciated.

Regards

Tihson

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 09:17:57 am »
Hi
I am going on the ncca course at the end of this month , can anyone give me any
info on what to expect as i am starting up at the moment and have not had any
cc experiance. I wanted to be trained properly before I start and then buy the
equipment.
Thanks.

Hi

You've done the right thing by investing in some good training before you commit to the equipment. It is fairly well accepted that the NCCA course is more theory than practical so I would also suggest you look at doing the one day carpet cleaning course from Prochem.

What's more, if you book through us http://www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/oos/trainingcourses/ and consequently buy a Prochem machine, we'll refund the £95 course fee.

Regards

Mike Boxall

Chris Bailey

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 12:08:33 pm »
Mike

Playing devils advocate here, don't all distributors do that?

Chris
Carpet Care

Leicester

Martin S

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 02:26:58 pm »
Yes, including Prochem direct!
Martin

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 02:28:16 pm »
You would think so Chris wouldn't you but, no, not all of them do.