Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chris@c.m.s

Pub Quote
« on: August 26, 2010, 08:58:18 pm »
I have to put a quote in tomorrow for the cleaning of a pub/restaurant
 that requires the windows cleaned inside and out every 2 weeks, I'm completely domestic at the the moment and I'm unsure how to look at the job as a whole, if I was quoting all the windows as domestic I'd want £100 which allows for 1 1/2 times the outside price  for the insides, however that seems rather a lot especially if it is 2 weekly, I have been told the last guy was really cheap, not sure about that old line though  :D, so should I lower the quote due to the frequency or perhaps drop the inside price? If I don't get it its not the end of the world but I dont want to embarrass myself with a stupidly high quote, or worse still underquote.

I may not be able to get back online untill tomorrow as my internet is down so will be unable to reply back untill hopefully tomorrow eve. Thanks though in advance of any sensible answers.             
Sussex by the sea

Re: Pub Quote
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 09:02:16 pm »
price as normal,  as u can be out earning that whislt you are doing the pub,   do u really want the pub,  i price all commercial the same as domestic £1 a window.   if the other guy was really cheap why has be gone?

steven ainger

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:29:55 pm »
i do 3 pubs and to be honest the're a pain when you have to do the insides aswell , as you have to be there when they are open or someone is about and there is always stuff or customers in the way.
 if your price is too high, fair enough, you will probably earn more doing bog standard £10 houses.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 06:58:56 pm »
Thanks for your replies, I've decided not to quote it I hate inside cleans anyway  ;D ;D
Sussex by the sea

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 07:36:06 pm »
Pubs are the worst jobs ever, Landlords dont get out of bed until 9.30, keep you waiting outside at the best of times, will drop you at the drop of a hat if a local window cleaner starts drinking in the pub.

They want to pay you out of the till so usually have to hang around when you have finished, waiting for the landlord who has got an hangover and can't be bothered rushing for no-one, been there got the T shirt.

We have done 20 pubs over the years and wouldnt touch another with a barge pole.